This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s (now running sw 6.90) powers off randomly, including when interacting with Wi-Fi

Every time I select 'set-up a wifi network' in Garmin Connect and select 'add network' my Vivoactive 4 switches off. So I can't add Spotify. I have already completed a data reset and it didn't resolve the issue.

SW Version: 6.50

Wi-Fi Version: 2.60

• My experience has become even worst. Now when I try to start an activity that involves GPS the watch powers off, no matter the battery level.

What a disaster Garmin!!! this thread is prove of planned obsolescence

• Mine is doing the same thing and constantly loses Bluetooth connection to my phone.

• Hi - this also happens with my device. Please could someone contact me via email?

thank,

mark.

• Having the same issues when trying to enter wifi, when starting a workout. Also turns off randomly at different battery levels. 
    1. Yes
    2. Yes 
    3. 7.20
    4. Bulgaria

• Also having same issue. Running latest everything. I’ve tried removing all wifi and that’s a temporary fix. Issue recurs. Really don’t want to move to another brand and latest offerings from Garmin are extremely expensive. 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. SW Version: 7.20

GPS Version: 5.40

ANT/BLE/BT Version: 8.02

Wifi Version: 2.60

TSC Version: 2.05

Sensor version: 20.04

WHR version: 5.00.05

Connect IQ 5

BMX 5.0.5

Secondary BMX 0.8.0

API 3.3.3

4. Australia

• Yes for sl no1 and 2

SW Version: 7.20

Gelephu, Bhutan 

1. yes
    2. yes
    3. 7.20
    4. jamaica
  • 1. Yes please

2. Yes please

3. Software 7.20

GPS 5.4

ANT/BLE/BT 8.02

Wi-Fi 2.60

TSC 2.05

Sensor 20.04

WHR 5.00.05

Connect IQ 5

BMX 5.0.5

Secondary BMX 0.8.0

API 3.3.3

4. Poland

How does it look in my VA4: it has started with shutting off while trying to sync the watch via Wi-Fi. It was an inconvenience I could live with but this week it started shutting down when I was attempting to start the workout. What is worse, when the battery is not full or charging it is not possible to turn on the watch. Currently it's completely unusable. I've been using it for less than three years, I purchased it in December 2019.

Below there are videos showing the outlook of the problem.

1. Example of watch powering off when attempting to syncing via Wi-Fi - battery 100%, not connected to the charger. Notice that after turning it on the watch gone back almost 20 minutes.

2. How does it look when the battery is not full or the watch is not connected to the charger and I try to turn it on after it powered off

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. 6.91

4. Philippines

i’ve been experiencing this issue for so many months now. My vivoactive 4 randomly shuts off no matter the battery level.

i cant record my runs properly using the watch. Ruins the training.

• Garmin has addressed my case by sending me a new (restored) watch. I contacted my local customer service (Spain) and, after following their instructions to reset the device to manufacture defaults and cleaning up all the data in case it had fixed the issue, they decided to proceed with the device replacement.

Thanks Garmin!