This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s (now running sw 6.90) powers off randomly, including when interacting with Wi-Fi

Every time I select 'set-up a wifi network' in Garmin Connect and select 'add network' my Vivoactive 4 switches off. So I can't add Spotify. I have already completed a data reset and it didn't resolve the issue.

SW Version: 6.50

Wi-Fi Version: 2.60

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago in reply to Garmin-Kevin

1. yes

2. yes

3. SW 6.90

4. US

• I got the latest software update: version 7.20. Result:

- If I try to connect to a wi-fi network the watch shuts down with 100% (no power supplier plugged)

- [APPARENTLY] after an activity (cardio) when Save is tapped it saves and doesn't shuts down. I'm saying apparently because this was a cardio activity 10 secs long. Tomorrow I'll test it with something longer and I'll report back.

For me it's not a big trouble the need of being plugged to the power supplier when connecting to the wi-fi. The problem with this is that it tries to connect to sync with the music provider and then the watch shuts down. This happens mostly during the night so you lose the sleep tracking.

I'll report back the results of tomorrows activity. 

• My previous post after upgrading to version 7.20

I got the latest software update: version 7.20. Result:

- If I try to connect to a wi-fi network the watch shuts down with 100% (no power supplier plugged)

- [APPARENTLY] after an activity (cardio) when Save is tapped it saves and doesn't shuts down. I'm saying apparently because this was a cardio activity 10 secs long. Tomorrow I'll test it with something longer and I'll report back.

More info after a real activity.

I did a Cardio (light walking) activity involving GPS. Finished it with aprox 70% of battery. After saving the activity in the watch, it powers off.

I tried to set the watch a Bike riding activity, involving GPS. Battery was aprox 60%, the watch powers off, when I tap the "Bike" option in the activities selector.

Also, during the night, the watch also powered off with the battery above 65%.

So, not a big improvement with this new version. Very sad.

• 1. YES

2. YES

3. 7.20

4.Hungary (HU)

• yes [email protected]

yes you can view my acount

7.20  wifi 2.60

live in USA

• I'm having the same issue, is there any solution for this yet?

Firmware version 7.01

I even did a manual update downloading the gcd file

I live in Panama

Please feel free to email me and I would gladly give any information you may need.

In addition to this I noticed that when ever the watch is not connected to my phone, it shuts down when saving an activity.

• Same here,

It started after last software update,

Definitely it is related to Wi-Fi.

Hope Garmin will release a bug's update for that...

SW Version 7.20

GPS Version 5.40

ANT/BLE/BT Version 8.02

Wi-Fi version 2.60

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3.  7.20

4. Brazil

• 1. Yes.  

2. Yes.

3. Vivoactive 4

4. Indonesia

• i’m having the exact same issues, and i don’t find any solution.