This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone calls no longer notify on my watch

I no longer get phone call notifications on my watch. I have tried turn off notification for Phone in Garmin Connect. I have also remote Phone permissions, rebooted, and re-enabled Phone permissions. I get very few calls, so I am not completely sure when it stopped. I did recently upgrade to Android 12 on my Pixel 5 and am running the VA4 6.33 beta.

• Just picked up this watch and seems like on initial pairing, incoming calls will notify on the watch but after a few hours, it will no longer notify on the watch. Like somebody suggested, rebooting the phone will make it work again for a short period until it happens again.  I've tried to reset the watch and uninstall the garmin software completely on my phone with same results. 

Very disappointing for a mid-tier smart watch to have this kind of problem. Might have to return the watch if there is no working solution.

• (2239016) Do you have Garmin Golf installed as well? If not, that is even more frustrating. Either way, be sure to open a case with Garmin support.

• Another question to those having notification issues - What phone and OS are you using? I have a Pixel 5 on Android 12. I believe the issue arose around my upgrade to A12, but I was watching it too closely.

• My idea of turning off the phone notifications (calls only) on the Garmin golf app did not work either. All phone call notifications stopped with smart notifications activated on Garmin golf .... 

I will have to activate the smart notifications on Garmin golf only when I play golf so that I can sync the score cards, etc. 

Could it be a problem with my version of Android ? 

• 2239016 : The problem we appear to be having is with the Garmin golf app having the smart notifications activated at the same time as on Garmin connect. 

I understand your frustration if you do not have Garmin golf installed too 

• I do have Garmin Golf installed with the 'Smart Notifications' turned on. I tried the suggestion of turning it off but that did not solve the issue. Also tried uninstalling it but issue where incoming phone notifications does not show up.

My phone is a Samsung Fold 3 and the Vivosmart4 is on software version 6.50.

• The phone calls are not appearing on my Vivoactive 4 device with SW Version 7.20.

Phone 
    Samsung A53 5G

One UI version 4.1
    Android Version 12.

Other notifications are being received e.g Text / SMS, WhatsApp, Alarms etc.

I use both the Garmin Connect and Garmin Golf. I have checked all the notification settings 

I have tried 

unpairing my watch from the phone

Uninstalling both Garmin software versions 

Rebooted both devices 

Etc

With minimal success. In that very, very, very occasionally the incoming call does show.