This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone calls no longer notify on my watch

I no longer get phone call notifications on my watch. I have tried turn off notification for Phone in Garmin Connect. I have also remote Phone permissions, rebooted, and re-enabled Phone permissions. I get very few calls, so I am not completely sure when it stopped. I did recently upgrade to Android 12 on my Pixel 5 and am running the VA4 6.33 beta.

• Oddly, the solution (with chat support) was to unpair my watch from my phone, reboot both, and re-pair them.

• After a day or two, the call notifications stopped again.

• Diagnosis: It appears to be a conflict between smart notifications in Garmin Connect and Garmin Golf (why they both handle smart notifications is a mystery to me).

Solution: I uninstalled Garmin Golf, rebooted, re-installed Garmin Golf, and made sure the smart notifications were completely matched in both apps.

• Thank you for your feedback ! 

After having uninstalled, rebooted, etc. phone and watch I still was not getting phone calls on the watch. Thanks to you the problem seems to have been resolved. 

However I have one question : when you say to make sure the smart notifications match completely what do you mean ? I am on Android so I just need to make sure that the smart notifications on the phone are activated for both Garmin golf and Garmin connect ? 

Thanks again ! 

• Yes. I have have smart notifications activated on both Garmin Connect and Garmin golf, with exactly the same apps enabled.

• Thanks for your reply! 

I did exactly as you said and once the smart notifications are activated on Garmin golf (exactly the same ones as Garmin connect) phone call notifications stop. However when I deactivate smart notifications for Garmin golf the incoming phone notifications start up again. 

Are smart notifications really necessary for Garmin golf ? If they aren't I can just leave them off as the problem seems to be coming from that. 

• Hmm. I could have sworn that turning them off on Garmin Golf caused some notifications to fail for me. I will try it again and report what I find.

• I did turn off notifications on Garmin Golf and remove it's access to notifications. Everything worked well over the weekend, including calls. However, all notifications stopped working yesterday. A reboot of my phone fixed that. If that happens again, I will remove the Garmin Golf app again and see how it goes.

• Last weekend I decided to active the smart notifications on Garmin golf and I had the exact opposite to you. It worked for a day and then phone call notifications just stopped working. However all other notifications worked. I will try turning off the phone call notifications on Garmin golf and see what happens with that. 

I find it very strange that the two applications should "conflict" like this ... 

Thanks again for your feedback!  

• All notifications stopped for me again yesterday. So, I have uninstalled Garmin Golf to see if that helps.