This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

6.10 issue - countdown within workouts no longer working

Since the 6.10 update I'm no longer getting a vibration countdowns within workouts - it used to countdown the last 5 seconds before a change, whereas now it just vibrates at the change within the workout. The countdown was REALLY helpful - please can I get it back?!

• Hello all!  We have our Engineering team working on getting this feature restored and functioning properly in conjunction with the additions to the firmware since the countdown was originally changed.  This should be coming in a future firmware update.

• @Garmin-Kevin Thank you for the update. Good to hear this function will return!

• Thanks for the update and it's good to know that it would return soon, ideally it would be good to have a way to fine-tune and select what kind of vibration user want to have, but if you can return the original one it would be good.

• Amber, Could you also check on the vibration when using intervals during a run/walk? I loved that it would vibrate three times as notification to run or walk. Now with one vibration I find myself constantly checking my watch if it is an interval notification, pacing, lap, water, food, etc.  So distracting while going long distances.

• Hi Garmin-Kevin, I tried out the "fix" this morning.  PLEASE just put it back the way it was with a 5 second countdown before the interval changes.  2 short buzzes at the very last second of an interval just blend right into the long buzz.  It's not enough to differentiate it, especially when your brain is more focused on your pounding heart and the oxygen has been diverted to your muscles!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old way of doing it, 5 seconds at the end of the interval, 3 short buzzes.  Just put it back.  Thank you.

• Garmin, is the software not capable of giving us options? Everyone is different with different needs.  Moreover, I would like different count down settings depending on a gym workout vs. a run, etc..  This feature was a major reason I wore my Garmin vs my samsung.  Please do what you can to appeal to a diverse consumer base...Thanks!

• On that note, I set up a run/walk interval via an alert through the run activity (instead of creating a run/walk workout), and there is NO countdown buzz at all using this feature.  Please add in the option to set up a countdown (or not) for all interval activities.  Thank you.

• Hi, as I commented on a similar thread for Venu (which I use), the 2 short buzzes it gives only work for time-constrained intervals and for distance ones there is nothing (I spent hours testing that). It used to buzz nicely and for long enough before both time and distance intevals ended - before evil Garmin devs took that away.

• As has already been said, this is still not working for distance based intervals.

• Still not enough warning with interval changes on a time based programmed workout.  PLEASE PUT IT BACK TO 5 SHORT BUZZES.  Give users the option of turning it on or off.  I have lost track now of how many times the "2-tiny-buzzes" before interval changes have gotten "lost" when my watch is simultaneously vibrating for going out of my set cadence range.