This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 won't stay on.

Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help, for the past month or so my vivoactive 4 will randomly turn itself off. It won't if I'm tracking an activity or its connected to my phone.

I've ran it out of battery and fully charged it and thst didn't help matters, doesn't matter how much battery it has.

Any help?

Cheers. 

• Hello, I'm hoping someone here can help, for the past month or so my vivoactive 4 will randomly turn itself off. It won't if I'm tracking an activity or its connected to my phone.

I've ran it out of battery and fully charged it and thst didn't help matters, doesn't matter how much battery it has.

Any help?

Cheers

Hello! Does it still do this on 100 percent charge? Are you able to replicate this at certain times? Does it always turn off after an activity or if you purposely disconnect it from the phone?

• Hello, yeah it still does it at 100 percent battery. No can't replicate it as its random, I've just come in from work, checked the time on my watch, sat down to take my boots off and it has now turned itself off.

No, it can stay on after an activity or when I disconnect it from the phone.

Cheers. 

• Hello, yeah it still does it at 100 percent battery. No can't replicate it as its random, I've just come in from work, checked the time on my watch, sat down to take my boots off and it has now turned itself off.

No, it can stay on after an activity or when I disconnect it from the phone.

Cheers. 

Okay, do you have any Connect IQ apps or watch faces downloaded on the watch? Can I have you perform a restore to defaults on the watch, charge to 100 percent, and see if this issue still occurs? If it does, please let me know where you are located and I can get the local Garmin Support information for you!

• Hello again, I've only got the garmin connect app on my phone that I use for the watch. I haven't had any other watch faces apart from the ones that come on the watch. I've restored everything to defaults and charged to 100%. The issue is still occurring but now doing activities too.

Sorry for the late reply, I wanted to test it out to see of it would work before getting back to you. I'm based in Scotland if that helps.

Cheers. 

• I am also experiencing this issue.Vivoactive 4 turning off by itself. I have already reset from default settings but still happens. Has anyone know the cause of it?

• I am also facing this issue. I have exchanged the unit once during the warranty period. The new unit had the same issue after 2 months. Can't seem to find the cause. 

• Same issue with me especially after the recent update. Working ok and all of a sudden it shuts down. So annoying.

• Exactly the same here!!! And it’s been going on for quite awhile 

• I contacted tech support for help. Giovanni is very helpful...i sent the watch for exchange today. Try contacting them.

• My vivoactive 4 also shuts down with >50% battery. No apps or watch faces. It shuts down in these cases:

- Trying to connect to wifi

- starting a GPS activity (biking, running) 

This is so disappointing. The watch is only a year and a half old and my old vivoactive 3 lasted 3 years. 

If not fixed, this will be my last Garmin watch.