This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta 5.46 appears to have fixed the CIQ battery issue

I have stayed at 5.00 and went to 5.46 yesterday. After my first night with it using the same CIQ face I have used for months my battery loss was about the same as 5.00. 

• Yes, I confirm.

After upgrading to 5.46 beta I'm getting 5 to 5.5 days battery life with CIQ faces I used before (Infocal, Rails, etc)

I was getting 4 days before

Rails has a nice DND mode (only hours:min) which minimize as well consumption overnight

• Battery-wise 5.46 works great for me as well (-0.8% / hr with Rails watchface)  but it seems it broke some watch face features: Rails can show the altitude on the watch face, it seems this no longer updates. No idea if this affects other watch faces as well.

Off topic to the title but FeverMonitor seems to be completely broken by 5.46.

• I updated to 5.46 but use built in analogue watchface with always on second hand.

Prior to 5.46 I was getting a drain of 0.54% per hour.

Now on 5.46 the drain has reduced to 0.45% per hour, although I'm on my firs discharge cycle so this figure could change.

The improvement will provide around an extra day between charges.

• I'm still getting an absurd battery drain--about 1.5/1.6 an hour. I did a factory reset this morning and it's still going on. I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to try switching watch faces. I still don't even have notifications on, or the weather widgets, I don't use GPS except the very odd outdoors activity (it's winter, and has been since I got the watch in Dec. I've used GPS maybe 3 times.) My timeout is short, gesture off, 20% brightness.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

• Try to use a Garmin simple/default face and delete the others

Also delete any custom widget except My battery which I advise to put it on 30/60 min to collect stats.

Test this for 2-3 days.

Without GPS I'm getting 5 days with a CIQ face but with GPS less for sure.

• I don't really use widgets at all,Joy

aside from the battery one I got specifically for this issue. You're getting 5 days with a CIQ, I wonder if my watch is actually broken. I've never gotten 5 days, ever, and I have basically nothing on here, lol.

I'll figure out how to change the battery timer, I didn't know it had settings.

• Strange. I don't normally use any CIQ watchfaces so I don't have any exact metrics to share, but I've tried ActiFace for a day and it seemed to be doing much better than before.

Even with the stock watchfaces, which I normally use, I feel that the battery performs better with this version. I have notifications on, brightness off, about an hour of indoor workouts per day (so no GPS), pulse ox during sleep, and the watch is currently on its way to the 4th day since its last charge with 41% left. Right now it looks like it can get close to 6 days or more from a single charge, which honestly is more than enough for me! 

• I also do an hour of indoor workouts a day! I thought maybe that was the problem, but clearly it is not. I don't use music, since it's indoor, and I'm near my TV.

I thought this was normal, but seeing other people on 5.46 getting HALF a percent!! 3 times less! WITH notifications on! Seems like something else must be going on here. I switched to Crystal, which is a common face people seem to be using?

I'm going to use it for the rest of the day to see if anything changes, if not, I'll try the standard faces, but it doesn't sound like I'm doing anything that warrants this '2 day at best' charge. I just keep thinking it's some setting I'm dumb and forgot to change. I dunno how many times I've checked notifications, pulse ox, etc this week.

• If you're on Android it's worth a try is to delete the app data of connect iq and/or garmin connect on your phone. For me connect iq was in a state that it constantly tried to sync/update the watch. Most of your settings are tied to your account so you won't lose much if you do that.