This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spotify podcast sync fail

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 4s and I have managed to sync playlists to my watch but when I try to sync podcasts from Spotify it starts syncing and reaches between 1-90+% and then I get the message that the sync has failed.... I have tried to restart the watch but with no success. What should I do?

• Hello! How many playlists/songs do you have on the device? If you try to sync another playlist, will it sync without any issue? I am curious about the amount of memory you have available on the watch.

• Hi. I've been having this same problem for several months with my Forerunner 245 music. It works fine for music, but I get "Sync Failed" every time for podcasts. I tried removing spotify and reconnecting. I've removed all the music so I have 100% capacity. I've restarted the watch and phone. All with no success. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

• After multiple tries I’ve managed to sync a podcast. I did this after turning off ALL devices that was connected to my WiFi for the time it synced. Seems strange that I have to do this to sync a podcast.... 

• Turn off ALL devices connected to your WiFi when you sync and it will work! Nothing else than your Garmin can use the bandwidth!

• Hi. I've been having this same problem for several months with my Forerunner 245 music. It works fine for music, but I get "Sync Failed" every time for podcasts. I tried removing spotify and reconnecting. I've removed all the music so I have 100% capacity. I've restarted the watch and phone. All with no success. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!
    After multiple tries I’ve managed to sync a podcast. I did this after turning off ALL devices that was connected to my WiFi for the time it synced. Seems strange that I have to do this to sync a podcast.

Typically to help sync a podcast, it is best to keep the watch connected to a power source while syncing, keep the watch within close proximity to the WiFi Router, and like JJaacob mentioned, to limit the WiFi usage with other devices on the network when syncing. For me, I can remove a couple devices and it will sync.

• Thanks. I tried all of those things and it still shows "Sync failed" every time I try to add a podcast. Here are the things I've tried:

• Turn the Garmin off and on
    • Uninstall Garmin Connect and Reinstall
    • Logout of spotify and relogin
    • Forget wifi network and reconnect
    • Buy a new phone
    • Turn off all other devices on the network
    • Keep it plugged into power
    • Remove all other music from the device
    • Wait for podcast icons to load
    • Keep it right next to the router

And it still fails every time! This is very frustrating. Is there anyone I can talk to?

• Thanks. I tried all of those things and it still shows "Sync failed" every time I try to add a podcast. Here are the things I've tried:

• Turn the Garmin off and on
    • Uninstall Garmin Connect and Reinstall
    • Logout of spotify and relogin
    • Forget wifi network and reconnect
    • Buy a new phone
    • Turn off all other devices on the network
    • Keep it plugged into power
    • Remove all other music from the device
    • Wait for podcast icons to load
    • Keep it right next to the router

And it still fails every time! This is very frustrating. Is there anyone I can talk to?

I am so sorry to hear this. I can definitely see how this could be frustrating. I want to get this resolved for you, can you tell me if you are in the US or Canada?

• Thanks for the quick reply Isabella. I'm in the US. In California.

• Thanks for the quick reply Isabella. I'm in the US. In California.

Okay, I am creating a case for you, do you mind if I reach out and grab more information from you by email?

• That would be great. Thank you. Do you already have my email address via the system?