This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

battery life issue

Got my V4 3-4 months ago. No issues. Through the summer used it daily, almost 24/7. Besides daily exercise, I was monitoring my sleep patterns. Five or more days before charge.

A week or two ago there was an upgrade. Seems that since then, battery lasts less than 24hrs. So, really recent issue.

I've seen a lot of info from a year ago. This seems new.

Help please.

• And remember; throw away any and all of your CIQ apps if you have any installed... They are a notorious battery hogs... 

• Hello! If you have an CIQ apps installed, can you remove them and see how the battery does for the next 24 hours. If their is still no improvement, can you sync with Garmin Express. After this is completed, go to the settings on the watch and restore to factory settings, clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol and charge through a computer.

• Hi , thank you for replying to this. I was not the original poster but many of us on this Forum are seeing this same issue. I can say with certainty that I have tried all the options you list and they do not help. The problem is with CIQ watch faces. I can also say with certainty that when I revert back to 5.0.0 the problem goes completely away and then when I upgrade back to 5.10 the problem comes back. Please help!

• Hi Amber, as mentioned, it is the CIQ watch faces. I had the same issue and not using the CIQ apps did bring battery life back to normal. They do not need to be uninstalled, just not used. 

I also downgraded to 5.0.0 and the problem is fixed. I'll continue with this firmware until the CIQ problem is corrected

• Just checking in with you . A lot of us are anxious for a fix on this Slight smile

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Hey, I had same issues (high battery drain after update to 5.10) - from 100-10% in 1 1/2 day. But I figured out that the charger is influencing this.

If I do use a 3A fast charger, battery drain is high - if I use a normal iPhone low current charger, battery drain is back to normal. Nothing changed on the watch, still same SW.

• I have noticed that if I let the watch go on charging for a while at 100 percent, it will stay at 100 percent the coming night, and half the next day. 

• Hi Everyone, I have sent replies to everyone individually we are wanting to get a ticket submitted for this as it should be functioning correctly. If you are new to this thread, mention my name in response to this reply to get my attention and I can get you added to that ticket. In the meantime, to those of whom I reached out to via personal message I look forward to your response so I can get the ticket moving. 

• Hi @Garmin-AmberD   experience the same problem. The battery of my Vivoactive 4S lasted 5 days while having firmware 5.0. After the upgrade to 5.1, the battery lasts 2 days maximum. The drain is enormous over night... around 30%. Please fix this problem Disappointed