This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Live heart rate in Garmin iPhone app?

Hello all,

I am considering a Garmin smart watch like Vivoactive to replace Fitbit charge 2. My question: can I use the Garmin iOS connect app to monitor my HR that is recorded by the Vivosmart watch? I mean I want to use my iPhone to monitor the HR recorded by the watch, continuously, real time, like on the watch display itself.

I like working out on stepper and treadmill so I can lay my iPhone in front of me and see my HR and other workout stats like Workout duration. My Fitbit charge 2 can in fact send a continuous HR signal to my phone through BT to the iOS Fitbit app. 

thank you for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• mi vivoactive 4 lo tengo configurado para que envie mi pulso por ant+ y lo muestre en el GPS etrex 35 montado en la bicicleta, de esta forma veo el pulso o en el reloj o en el GPS

Si abres la aplicacion connect y la dejas abierta en MI DIA puedes ver en vivo tu pulso cardiaco 

Eso es todo lo que te puedo ayudar , un saludo

• Dear Moninpro,

thank you for your reply! Gracias! Me gusta mucho que es posible ver el pulso en vivo en el telefono. I really like that I can watch the HR on my phone. 
    es lo mismo con el Vivoactive 3? Is it the same with Vivoactive 3? este models Es mas economico. That model is way cheaper now. 

• I have been using my vivoactive 4S for about two weeks. Previously I had been using a Fitbit Charge 2. I can confirm you can get a live HR reading on the Garmin Connect app. The Garmin app will also provide a similar lIve HR graph (and other values) as the fitbit app. The Garmin app may not be as user friendly as Fitbit’s but the stats are there. Personally I find the VA stats more reliable than the C2, particularly at higher HR. 

• Perfect! Thank you and enjoy your 4s!