Live heart rate in Garmin iPhone app?

Hello all,

I am considering a Garmin smart watch like Vivoactive to replace Fitbit charge 2. My question: can I use the Garmin iOS connect app to monitor my HR that is recorded by the Vivosmart watch? I mean I want to use my iPhone to monitor the HR recorded by the watch, continuously, real time, like on the watch display itself.

I like working out on stepper and treadmill so I can lay my iPhone in front of me and see my HR and other workout stats like Workout duration. My Fitbit charge 2 can in fact send a continuous HR signal to my phone through BT to the iOS Fitbit app. 

thank you for your time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Parents
  • I have been using my vivoactive 4S for about two weeks. Previously I had been using a Fitbit Charge 2. I can confirm you can get a live HR reading on the Garmin Connect app. The Garmin app will also provide a similar lIve HR graph (and other values) as the fitbit app. The Garmin app may not be as user friendly as Fitbit’s but the stats are there. Personally I find the VA stats more reliable than the C2, particularly at higher HR. 

• I have been using my vivoactive 4S for about two weeks. Previously I had been using a Fitbit Charge 2. I can confirm you can get a live HR reading on the Garmin Connect app. The Garmin app will also provide a similar lIve HR graph (and other values) as the fitbit app. The Garmin app may not be as user friendly as Fitbit’s but the stats are there. Personally I find the VA stats more reliable than the C2, particularly at higher HR. 

Children