This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BETA vivoactive 4 series 4.53 is available

Download - vivoactive 4

Download - vivoactive 4s

Notes:

• We are looking specifically for feedback on your battery life experience after installing this beta. 
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.53:

• Increased version number to allow testing with new Bluetooth firmware

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your vivoactive 4 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip vivoactive4_453Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3227.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-450.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-450.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3227-430.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • I thought about helping with the testing but I’ve been really happy with the battery life. On days I’m not using GPS (3 days a week) I have about 8% battery drain per day connected to watch. I average 5 days battery with three days being outdoor running days listening to music. Also no GPS issues but I don’t have a lot of obstructions here in the desert area. 

• Has anyone tried to install it on MAC ? the above does not seep to work for MAC 

• Hi! I am still on 4.00 (maybe because of region). Can I know if I could jump and install this version? Thank you!

• I still have some battery drain..It use like 25% a day 

Vivoactive 4s Android

• Creo que esta bastante bien siendo un 4s

• V4 4.53

1+2+3 day - 50%

4 day - 25%

>5 day - charge

• Former Member

I have 2 completely identical V4s's with same configuration using simple Garmin watch faces (They are my kids watches)

Both wore factory reset after installing 4.50

Both are running 4.53 beta but wore not factory reset after 4.53 installation. 

One averages now 0.7-0.8% per hour (so about 5.5 day battery life)

The other averages at 1.2-1.3% per hour (so about 3.5 day battery life)

And the above consumption is actually based on watches NOT on arm - but sitting still on table  - sitting next to each other.

Watches are now only used for sports tracking as one of my kids seem to be violently allergic to the material in the strap. 

• estoy convencido de que hay varias remesas de baterías muy diferentes entre ellas , no es posible que yo nunca haya pasado de 5 días con todos los cuidados y haya gente que dice que 8 o mas días

Ademas noto que NO SE MIDE BIEN la carga del reloj, a veces baja mas rapido que otras con el misma caratula y actividad

• I noticed that it consumes a lot of battery at night when the phone is turned off. Maybe he constantly looks for the device and consumes. when they are connected I have not found anomalous consumption.

• After trying a full cycle I nearly hit 6 days. During that time I did 3 outdoor gps + glonass activities (each about 30 mins) and each playing music. Everything was going well until I got to about 35% and then it started to decrease a lot more rapidly. 6 is still respectable, I feel like it could have gotten 7.5 if it kept discharging at the rate prior to 35%