This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep tracking doesn't recognise when I am awake

I am finding that my watch does not recognise when I am awake. The last couple of nights I woke up during the night and had trouble falling asleep. 

When I checked my sleep statistics in the morning, I had only 1m awake. In fact it shows 1m awake every night. It never changes.

Previously I used Fitbit for sleep tracking and it seemed to be much more acurate in detecting sleep stages.

Has anyone else had similar experience? Any ideas how to fix it?

• I bought a different watch that tracks sleep and everything else accuratly,

Which one? I'm thinking of switching also.

• Sleep tracking is a joke!

I was expecting more from the pretty expensive Quatrix 7X Solar. The solar part is useless, after leaving it for few hours in direct sunlight, no change in battery life estimation. 

The previous watch was a Huawei Watch Pro and the sleep accuracy on that one was amazing. It was also cheaper, it was better at recognizing activities. I will probably return to that brand. 

• Agreed. Super disappointing.  I like many other things about my Garmin but why is sleep tracking so useless ? it's GARMIN! These watches are expensive!  My $80 fitbit tracked my sleep SUPER accurately and my $300 Venu cant track it worth CRAP. It doesn't recognize when I wake ip, it lists WAY more sleep than I am getting, yesterday it had me "sleeping" while I was brushing my teeth! WTF! I may have to get the $80 Fitbit back just to track sleep.  Come on Garmin, you KNOW this is an issue, other brands do better, you have to make it better. I shouldnt have to manually edit  my sleep every day,

• A pretty huge clue might be that I pressed the backlight button on my FR245 to see what time it was. And again 10mins later.  And again 20mins later.  Garmin recirded this as REM and light sleep

• Yes, same here. Sometimes even going to the toilet during the night is still registered as sleep Slight smile

• Yes, turns out "REM" which is recorded as fabulous sleep minutes, is actually us lying awake trying to count sheep and get back to sleep. 

• I hope there is a Garmin developer reading this, otherwise we are just wasting our time complaining  

• All,

If you are experiencing inaccurate sleep data, please reach out to Garmin Product Support directly.