This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swimming “auto-rest” - will this feature be added to the VA4?

I want to buy the VA4 because the touch screen is appealing.  However, I really want to have the auto-rest feature for swimming (one of my primary sports).  I’d rather not have to buy the 245M due to non-touch interface and the Swim 2 does not have Music integration which is important to me for gym workouts.  I know most people will say that a touch screen does not work well in water, and that is right, but with auto-rest I could start a swim and lock the screen on the VA4.  

Can you tell me if this feature is planned to be added to the VA4 in a future firmware update?  If not, can you consider adding it and also the underwater HR reading?  Honestly, the Apple Watch does both of these things out of the box, and I am tempted to get an AW, but Spotify integration is a big driver for me to Garmin.  These two features added to the VA4 would be really great for masters (or any pool) swimmers!