This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep widget on watchface?

I feel there might be an area open for improvement on the watch interface, i've noticed a lack of consolidated information in the ecosystem by the lack of Sleep information on the watch. causing user interaction headaches...

Really wish I was able to view my sleep stats on the watch upon waking, this is one of the few interface issues that interferes with my usage of the device, it is actually quite cumbersome to:

• #1. Unlock phone.

• #2. Activate internet.

• #3. Activate bluetooth.

• #4. Open Garmin Connect.

• #5. Activate bluetooth on the watch.

• #6. wait for 20-45sec for syncing.

And then AFTER 6 separate actions on both phone and watch I finally get to see how long I've slept..

• Sleep data is processed on the server and not on the watch so the watch doesn't have that data.

• I thought i read somwhere that the watch can send information such as training sessions via wifi, my thought was maybe its possible to retrieve information from that same server to the watch itself via wifi....

• What about a widget that displays last nights; sleep and wake time? The DND feature seem able to keep track of that information from the watch itself....

• It only updates once a day so why not just check your phone, and if you want to modify sleep/wake times, you use the phone or the web, making what would be on the watch incorrect., 

• I Don't really wanna fire up my phone first thing in the morning just to see my latest sleep and wake times... Come on Former Member please give us a simple Sleep/wake time widget in the next FW update Slight smile no need for sleep stages, just something that tells me how much I've slept....

I don't pair my watch to my phone, i go through express on windows, sign in once a week to see a summary... No RF radiation.....

• For someone that likes to keep things simple, it's interesting you bought a smartwatch that does so much without using a phone.  

But here's my thought, why don't you look at your clock before you go to bed and when you wake up and you can figure out how long you slept. Then see how you feel. To me that's more important than what my watch shows me.  

• I actually am off phone use... I use this little device to check my fitness age and I mainly use it to overview my stress levels... Always in the blue Slight smile

anyways, it seems like the stress widget lowers the amount of stress it records after midnite. A weird oversight, since it should measure stress equally during the day..

So it can learn individual patterns..

Im thinking of getting a different watch that have stress monitoring all day + airplane mode and no need for a stupid smartphone...

I Tried Polar Ignite, but it was a real mess, screwing with the body through electrical currents. Made me even more stressed Slight smile

• Just trying to suggest fun/useful features, dude...

• Come on man... A normal sleep widget like any sub 30€ fitnesstracker has could be implemented... Pure Lazyness from the developers of the Software! 

• I wouldn't be so sure about that, I turn off bluetooth each night and when wake up and sync the watch I get relatively accurate sleep data, but after half an hour or so I get total mess with my sleep data. If I don't turn off my bluetooth I wake up with a messed data already.
    So I think that Garmin is actually utilizing FirstBeat for in-watch analysis for some time and it works better than what servers calculate later for some reason. actually I even found a thread about that behavior if you're curious forums.garmin.com/.../sleep-tracking---we-all-know-its-less-than-good