Anyone happy with their Vivoactive 4?

I have just ordered a Vivoactive 4, and am waiting for delivery, so I thought I'd check these Garmin forums now that it's too late to change my mind (yes, yes, I can always return it). 

Now, as an owner of many Garmin bike products, I realise that most people's motivation for getting onto a product forum is to discuss issues they are having, but it is making me nervous reading some of these posts while waiting for delivery.

Is anyone actually happy with their Vivoactive 4?  Does it meet your expectations of a AU$549 smart / sports watch?

Parents
  • For me i would say it's a mixed bag.  when the watch works without issue, it's great and I am able to get 5 full days of 24/7 HR monitoring and 30min GPS workout each day. when it comes to GPS, it picks up signal really fast so you can jump right into your workouts.  also, the seamless sync with runkeeper was a plus as that was my primary running app prior to getting a garmin and now i don't have to worry it as all workouts show up automatically.  the always on display rocks and sunlight visibility is second to none. 

when it doesn't, it's pretty frustrating.  I've had mine for about a month now and considering it's the first production batch, there was bound to be some issues as i'm basically beta testing for garmin. the issues i've had include random crash while checking multiple notification at the same time.  there was also random high battery drain.  the most recent issue revolves around HR sensor suddenly stopped working after I took it off the charger.  the HR sensor remained off and not functional for few days and I tried resetting the watch few times plus plugging/unplugging it off the charger.  i was about to send it back to garmin for a replacement when the HR sensor turned itself back on a few days ago.  so far it's still working but I really have my doubt about the quality of the first batch.

• For me i would say it's a mixed bag.  when the watch works without issue, it's great and I am able to get 5 full days of 24/7 HR monitoring and 30min GPS workout each day. when it comes to GPS, it picks up signal really fast so you can jump right into your workouts.  also, the seamless sync with runkeeper was a plus as that was my primary running app prior to getting a garmin and now i don't have to worry it as all workouts show up automatically.  the always on display rocks and sunlight visibility is second to none. 

when it doesn't, it's pretty frustrating.  I've had mine for about a month now and considering it's the first production batch, there was bound to be some issues as i'm basically beta testing for garmin. the issues i've had include random crash while checking multiple notification at the same time.  there was also random high battery drain.  the most recent issue revolves around HR sensor suddenly stopped working after I took it off the charger.  the HR sensor remained off and not functional for few days and I tried resetting the watch few times plus plugging/unplugging it off the charger.  i was about to send it back to garmin for a replacement when the HR sensor turned itself back on a few days ago.  so far it's still working but I really have my doubt about the quality of the first batch.

Children
No Data