This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2Max no longer updating?

I've been using my vivoactive 4 for three weeks now and all was fine (except downloading Spotify music of course, but that is a known issue apparently), but Monday 14 Oct is the last time my VO2Max got updated.

- Oct 14, did a run, no issues, VO2Max updated
- Oct 15, ran again, VO2max did not update, but there was server maintenance, so I thought that was the cause
- Oct 16, another run, but still no new VO2Max estimate

In the Android app I can see the overview of my VO2Max stats over the last year (updated until 14 Oct), on the website (connect.garmin.com) the only mention of VO2Max is under reports and no longer as a separate menu item:

I got an app update and FW update a few days ago, so maybe the issue started from then, but I'm not sure.

Is this a known issue? Are more people experiencing this?

• Did the issue start after updating to version 3.50?

• I think it is indeed since the newest update, but I'm not 100% sure. 

• Hmm, based on what I'm seeing here then, sounds like A) I've been fobbed off by Garmin Support, and B) the software update has caused the problem. 

Might just go back to my Fitbit and be done with it. 

• Looks like every update introduces new issues.. Garmin should test their releases more thoroughly.

• I agree. But Fitbit does the same, as I assume others do too. Rush to get the devices to market. 

Went for another run today with the intention of not pausing my run, but it is impossible as I'm not prepared to let my overall pace be affected because I have to wait to safely cross a road. 

Checked the online Garmin connect website and the VO2 tab is indeed missing from the 'health and performance' drop down list. 

This is definitely a Garmin thing, and I think the 'support' I received yesterday was wholly incorrect. 

• From what I've google this isn't the first time. People using garmin products had this or similar problems for years. There is no actual solution unfortunately. It looks like we just have to wait for them to fix it. 

I tried manually to trigger the vo2 max reading from the watch and made a 15 minutes walk without any stops on a clear sky. After I stop there was info saying: "not enough data" so I resumed and walked 45 minutes... Same result. I guess there is nothing we can do.

• Interesting. What's also interesting is that apparently Garmin are not aware of any issues relating to this. Apparently. I'll look forward to seeing this resolved, very frustrating. 

• I have the same problem, please fix asap!

• Just gone for another run this morning and this time I did not pause whatsoever. Come home, synced up, and alas - no update on the VO2 Max reading. Clearly, this is an issue that Garmin need to address. Gutted as I have just smashed some PB's and it's a shame I can't get an up to date VO2 Max score. 

• The VO2 Max, shown in user profile of the watch updated (improved) today for me after a run - but the new value was not in the garmin connect account. In garmin connect last update is 14.10.