This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music Garmin vivoactive 3. The vibration signal stopped working.

Music Garmin vivoactive 3. The vibration signal stopped working. The vibration motor itself vibrates when turned on. I tried to remove the do not disturb mode in different versions - it does not help. Rebooted, reset to factory settings. I changed the firmware from 6.0 to 5.9. Then I put the last 6.0 again - nothing helps. I tried everything, unchecked the do not disturb checkbox. They don't vibrate. They do not vibrate, even if I choose the vibration strength - weak, medium, strong. They do not vibrate. They do not vibrate when I turn on the sport mode. Doesn't vibrate when notifications arrive. They only vibrate when they are turned off and I turn them on. This is likely a hardware or software error. Advise what to do? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/vivoactive-3-3-music/242406/va3m-service-menu---vibration-test/ 

Might be related to the hardware release and software update. Report it to Garmin support if you have revision 7, I have revision 8 without problems. 

• So, revision 8, hmm, must be software related then since you probably tested the different modes/profiles ?

• I tested everything. I tried to set 5.9 does not vibrate. Then 6.0 Does not vibrate. Vibrates only when the watch is turned on or when hard reset. And that's all. When playing sports, notifications do not vibrate. I do not know what to do.

• So it must be software, or rather some setting file perhaps. You can try to (factory) reset the watch or try a 'master reset'; 

But honestly, I have seen none that solved it. You could try Garmin support as well. 

----

Had the same situation after trying to install a watch face, took it to the Garmin service centre in Hong Kong, I was prepared that they would just give me a new one, yet immediately they told me that there is a "master reset"! And it worked! The guy was even kind enough to print me th reset instruction, so here it is guys and girls, give it a go.

Press to turn on with Logo -> Release then press and hold (quickly!)
    Release when it vibrates 2 times, wait for 3rd vibration then press and hold until the 4th vibration

-----

EDIT:: THE button trick worked. But to add to it, after the 4th vibration, you need to release. Then there will be a 5th vibration and the unit rebooted fine. I did the updates again and everything is working fine now.

• Garmin's support doesn't help. I've tried master reset; But I don't have 5 vibration. After 4 vibrations, it goes into testostero mode. No 5 vibrations.

• So, experimental phase initiating. It seems to be purely software since rev 7 and 8 users have the issue, but mine rev 8 works fine. Testing works fine, so no hardware issue. I have seen similar issues with the heart rate sensor before in the forum where it was off and enable/disable failed, I remember someone putting it in off state and rebooting before enabling it again. I am short on time now, I will look for the reference later but you can try this experiment to see if that works. My assumption is that the device thinks it is disabled and fumbles any attempts to enable it until it is booted with the correct state (that is an assumption since I have no clue how Garmin builds the config logic).  

• Tried resetting to factory settings with vibrate on. I tried it with the vibration signal turned off. The vibration alarm does not work.

• Next experiment. Set the vibration to off. Press and hold the button until the watch shuts down. After shutdown start it again and the enable vibration (based on an answer for heart rate sensor enablement from Garmin).

• Disabled vibration. Pressed and held the button until the clock turned off. After turning it off, I started it up again and turned on vibration. There is no vibration signal.