This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VA3M service menu - vibration test

My VA3M won't vibrate anymore. I don't know if this is related to the latest update, since I was using my forerunner 30 for the last 3 months and I don't remember if I had vibrations before that. 

My device is capable of vibrating using other Garmin apps from the store, eg magic alarm. 

Yesterday I managed to enter something that seems like a service menu and I reached a submenu that tests vibration. It vibrated just fine. 

Since every other post that mentions the same problem about vibration suggests either a hardware failure and replacement from Garmin, or just reseting both VA3M and phone I was wondering if there is another option. 

My VA3M is more than 2 years old. 

In the service menu it is stated that my VA3M is hw revision 7.

Some photos in case someone can help. 

• Do you remember how to invoke the service menu ? I am fine but i can check the hw version ( others as well maybe) to see if there is a pattern.

• I was trying to connect it on my pc while running Garmin express. It was not recognized in the first usb port and when I connected it in another one it suddenly popped up the service menu. I ll try to reproduce it and I ll let you know. 

• To access Test Mode:
    1. With unit in “off” state, turn the unit on
    2. As soon as the display turns on, press and hold the button
    3. Wait for the unit to vibrate 3 times and release the button (there will be a long gap between the second
    and third vibrations). The unit will then enter test mode.

• Tried it, but no luck on VA3 Music, should it power on through usb ?

• Sorry, that was for the VA3 (non-M).. Garmin sent it to me. Perhaps email them and ask them for it.

• I was able to clown around with usb and get test mode, I have HW revision 8 and that works fine, Still trying to reproduce how to get in test mode. It seems like it enters test mode when I reconnect the usb during the verifying the CIQ apps message. The last experiment was: 

1. Remove the usb cable (stil shows charging)

2. Press the button until it vibrates

3. when it is verifying ciq apps re-insert usb