This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music Garmin vivoactive 3. The vibration signal stopped working.

Music Garmin vivoactive 3. The vibration signal stopped working. The vibration motor itself vibrates when turned on. I tried to remove the do not disturb mode in different versions - it does not help. Rebooted, reset to factory settings. I changed the firmware from 6.0 to 5.9. Then I put the last 6.0 again - nothing helps. I tried everything, unchecked the do not disturb checkbox. They don't vibrate. They do not vibrate, even if I choose the vibration strength - weak, medium, strong. They do not vibrate. They do not vibrate when I turn on the sport mode. Doesn't vibrate when notifications arrive. They only vibrate when they are turned off and I turn them on. This is likely a hardware or software error. Advise what to do? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Damn, I had my hopes up for that one. The other thing you can do is check the debug and event logs. If you connect it to a PC, you have in the \Garmin directory \EVNTLOGS and \Debug. Mine are filled but obviously without anything use full. Perhaps you can have a look in them to see if there is a mention of the vibration being in error ? I am afraid I cannot really help with other experiments since it now comes to understanding the software structure. I really think Garmin should spend some time on the software rather then only selling devices.  

• Yes, I'll take a look. But now I went on a business trip. I can watch it on Saturday. It seems to me that I cannot completely reset the device. When I do a hard reset, the installed new languages ​​are not removed.

• Checked the debug and event logs in the \ Garmin \ Debug directory - nothing. In the \ Garmin \ EVNTLOGS directory - there is. Photos are attached. I do not know what to do.

• Looks normal, so nothing in the software is registering any issues. I am not sure what to do next, we could try to overwrite the settings file in the \Garmin directory (there is a device.fit file there), but that might even brick it. I would try to chat with Garmin GB and explain the experiments we have done, perhaps they take it serious since you are not the only one experiencing it. 

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?productID=602068&searchQuery=vibration&tab=topics 

They at least chatted with me and I was able to send my data to them to investigate. Even got an answer on a potential fix they were looking into (no promises but still). Can you try them perhaps and refer to this forum entry ?

• And how to overwrite the file device.fit. What will it give ? I chatted with Garmin support for 2 weeks. They can't really help.

• My assumption is that the settings are in there, but it is binairy so I cannot read it. I was wondering if there was some error in yours prohibiting the vibration setting, but that is a really really wild guess.

• Can you advise something else?And how to overwrite the file device.fit ?

• Well I could send you mine and you can replace it. I would make a copy first to ensure you can revert. But honestly this could brick it, so look if there is similarity or not before deciding, I feel uncomfortable, want to try to help with experiments but this is a bit beyond wisdom.

• Okay. I will wait. Will this reset the clock? Did I understand correctly?

• My assumption is that it reads the settings from the device.fit file. If you reboot with mine, you should have my settings is the idea and maybe the correct settings for vibration. But I can try to change the vibration setting to see which byte flips (if any).