This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 Update 7.80

The battery drains rapidly since the update. From previous version to 7.8...the battery would last 6-7 days, now it is drained in less than 12 hours. Doesn't seem like a hardware problem, can I load the 7.70 software?

• Hi sir. My watch went from working to battery drain without me changing any settings or installing any fancy stuff on it. I just use it to track my activities. The only thing that changed was your last software upgrade and it screwed-up my product big time and I expect you to fix it without you telling me to "turn the damn thing off and on again" all day long like a bad "IT Crowd" joke.

• I had a rather confusing livechat with Garmin about this battery drain problem. I was told that ver 7.80 doesn't exist for the Vivoactive 3 (even though that's what my watch says is currently installed). I was told the latest software version is actually 6.30. I was told to sync my device with Garmin Connect to install 6.30, then reset device and restore default settings. Am I missing something?

• it means in their eyes the vivoactive 3 watch is EOL and they don't really have a clue what's going on lol

• Whoever you talked to was confused about the device under discussion. 6.30 is the current version for Vivoactive 4.

• Same here in the last 2 weeks the battery drains in about 5-6 hours.  Before would last 3-4 days.  Tried reset but this doesn't help.  Software version is 7.8

• My official local Garmin service said that they are aware of this battery drain problem, but they don't know what to do with it because the battery is not the reason.

They've suggested me to buy another watch:)

Farewell Garmin.

• I have same issue, now only last 1.5 days. When i turn off HR. It back to 5 - 6 days. Not really sure the issue is HR sensor or 7.8 firmware

• For me it started with 7.80 update. Garmin told me to uninstall all connect iq watch faces and reset but it doesn't make any difference. I don't feel this is an end user problem. Rather it's a firmware problem as far as I can tell. I have a similar problem with my partners Garmin Lily which has never worked. Until recently, Garmin haven't had much to say other than reset, reinstall, check for latest version, blah, blah, blah. Fortunately they have now acknowledged a problem with Lily. It would be really great if they could do same for vivoactive 3. It seems a fair few of us had this problem right after 7.80 update. .

• same problem for me  and to see if the problem was the update or the battery just try to set up an Activity with GPS, that should last, more or less, 6 hours. 

In my case 10 hours without GPS and 6 hours with GPS, obviously and problem with the update. 

Garmin Spain recognized  itand said that garmin is working on it. they have the same problem for vivoactive 4.

• Did you try to turn off HR sensor.  After turn off HR sensor, my watch work well on 5 - 6 days