This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• Before update, with a normal use (no GPS tracking/logging) I charged the watch once a week, usually Friday evenings.

Now with this new 6.60 update speculating if I can survive a third day? Emailed garmin support just to let them know my opinion and put myself on a voting list, not expecting much this garmin support is broken.

• Hope the support does something. My watch has become unusable now, I charged it before bed last night, woke up and it is on 12%, with nothing extra activated, just as a watch.

I was going to get one of the forerunners or the fenix, but I think I will go back to Polar now. 

• Same issues 4% battery drain in 30 mins since charging overnight.

• I just bought a new vivoactive 3hr because my husband has had one for a year and it’s been a great watch.  I got mice yesterday at 5pm.  Charged it to 100% went for a run for an hour and then went to bed.   Woke up to 18% battery!!!  My husband did the same activity and still had low 90% battery in the morning.   What the hell...I can’t run an ultra with this thing! Was replacing my old forerunner 225 but it’s goibg to have better battery life than this new junk even at 6 years old.  Very disappointed especially since my husbands vivoactive isn’t dying at the expedited rate.   

• My APAC version of Vivoactive 3 suffered from one-day battery life problem for long long time since FW5.9. I am unable to use the watch for several months. FW6.6 doesn't help.

• Ya Garmin support is terrible. Fitbit still has he best support and warranty. I had an issue with my first Vivoactive 3 last year around this time, sent it in and they discovered it was a faulty battery even though I had no problems for 6 months prior until a software update. Got a new watch and was fine then again with the 6.60 update a few days ago, I Ann having battery issues again. 

Starting to give up on Garmin... heard Coros apex is a good watch. As good as Garmin if not better, might have to switch to that.

• Anyone received a cure ?
    I too am struggling with battery life on my vivoactive 3 for last couple of months. What used to last 4-5 days on a single charge doesnt last even a full day.

I am on version 6.90 and the battery drain has become worse I think

• Same issue here. Recently, I updated and the battery last only 24 hours. Please help us with a fix

• Its the same case for me. I though may be it now 14 month old and like other products battery became week. It's strange why suddenly battery start draining so fast. Earlier without any gps activty I use to charge at the end of 3rd day but not have to chahe every day. Hardly it remain alive for a day with no gps. During this time i have not changed anything.no new app, watch face or any settings changed. Also its already on the most optimised mode live low vibration, 10 percent brightness etc

• Same here! Dramatic, at least twice as fast, battery drain.