This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Save - stopped activity - not me

Got a new Venu SQ yesterday after my vivosport's battery failed after 3.5 years.  Did my first activity this morning - walk I've done many times while wearing my vivosport.  Noticed while in the middle of my walk AUTO SAVE appeared on the screen.  I ignored it and kept going.  A bit later I noticed the watch wasn't recording the walk.  I did not stop the activity.  I started another walk activity then ended it when I got home, so the end result was I took TWO walks (but really only one).  One ended with AUTO SAVE, the other ended by me. 

Searched for AUTO SAVE in the user's manual, not there.  Poked around a bit looking for an AUTO SAVE setting on the SQ; couldn't find one.  Did I miss something?  My vivosport never behaved this way.  It started an activity when I told it to, then stopped when I told it to stop.

I also did a search and found a bunch of comments/complaints on AUTO SAVE but no solution as to why or what "decides"' to AUTO SAVE or if it can be disabled.  

All software/firmware is up to date as of today.  2.90 FW, etc.  

• Sounds like you either never started recording or left it in a "paused" sate

• No you didn’t miss anything.  Sounds like you accidentally paused the activity (maybe a jacket or shirt sleeve?) and after 15 minutes it will autosave the activity for you.  If this happens frequently you can turn the button functions off during an activity until you tap the screen again.

• It was recording just fine until the screen displayed AUTO SAVE and it was not in the "paused" state.  

• No jacket or sleeve got in the way (wearing short sleeve T-shirt) and I'll look into turning the button functions off during an activity.  

• Do you have auto pause turned on for the activity?

• I do have auto pause enabled.  Also had it on on my vivosport, which never caused problems during the 3 years I used it before the battery went kaput. 

• If you pause too long (auto pause kicks in) auto save will occur.  Turn off auto pause and use manual pause when needed

• Took the identical walk today.  This time no AUTO SAVE appeared.  Auto pause was enabled and when I came to a stop light, it auto paused as it should, then when I started walking again it started recording again, just like it is supposed to work.  No idea what happened yesterday.  Something keep an eye on.  Others on these forums have complained about AUTO SAVE and random behavior of this feature.  Wonder why AUTO SAVE isn't mentioned in the doc for the VENU SQ?   

• I don’t know but if an activity is paused for 15 minutes (whether by stopping movement or pressing the pause button)  it goes into autosave.  At the 15 minute mark it does a 30 second countdown where you can press the b button and go back into pause or re-start the activity by pressing the A button.

• Thanks for the autosave explanation but..... I didn't stop walking for more than whatever it takes for a traffic light to change, a few minutes at most nor did I press the pause button.  I think I'll chalk yesterday's auto save event as a glitch.