This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery Heart Rate

This was pointed out in the Venu forum and I’d like to go over it here. After working out there is a way to see your Recovery Heart Rate, a key metric of fitness like V02 Max. It’s a metric that measures how much your heart rate drops in 2 minutes after working out. The higher the number the higher the fitness level. 

This is not in the manual that I could find. 
When done with a workout activity press the stop/A button but don’t press the save or discard button, just leave the screen as is. After two minutes it will display your recovery heart rate and score. Shortly after that it will return to the save or discard screen where you can save your activity. 

Strangely it doesn’t save this metric to the watch or Garmin Connect app. Garmin please add this to our activity summary screen. 

• I'd noticed this, but did not really know what to make of the numbers displayed - thanks for the explanation.

Yes, it would be useful to have this information saved with the rest of the activity's statistics.

• I agree completely with you, Heart Rate Recovery data and associated trends should be reported and displayed in the appropriate areas on the  Garmin Connect  pages. 

Heart Rate recovery data is very useful information.  There is very good research going back many years that increases in  HRR are highly correlated with increases in VO2max.   It is generally determined for shorter or different  intervals but nevertheless,  it would be great if would be displayed in the appropriate place on the Garmin Connect screens along with a report showing trends over a period of time.   Its hard to understand why it isn't displayed if it specifically determined on the watch or device at the end of an exercise period .  Perhaps it will be added in next revision especially if people request it.     

• This was pointed out in the Venu forum and I’d like to go over it here. After working out there is a way to see your Recovery Heart Rate, a key metric of fitness like V02 Max. It’s a metric that measures how much your heart rate drops in 2 minutes after working out. The higher the number the higher the fitness level. 

This is not in the manual that I could find. 
    When done with a workout activity press the stop/A button but don’t press the save or discard button, just leave the screen as is. After two minutes it will display your recovery heart rate and score. Shortly after that it will return to the save or discard screen where you can save your activity. 

Strangely it doesn’t save this metric to the watch or Garmin Connect app. Garmin please add this to our activity summary screen. 

I'd noticed this, but did not really know what to make of the numbers displayed - thanks for the explanation.

Yes, it would be useful to have this information saved with the rest of the activity's statistics.

I agree completely with you, Heart Rate Recovery data and associated trends should be reported and displayed in the appropriate areas on the  Garmin Connect  pages. 

Heart Rate recovery data is very useful information.  There is very good research going back many years that increases in  HRR are highly correlated with increases in VO2max.   It is generally determined for shorter or different  intervals but nevertheless,  it would be great if would be displayed in the appropriate place on the Garmin Connect screens along with a report showing trends over a period of time.   Its hard to understand why it isn't displayed if it specifically determined on the watch or device at the end of an exercise period .  Perhaps it will be added in next revision especially if people request it.     

Hey guys! Others have brought this up and we do in fact have a feature request on this, I will get each of you added to it for more impact!

• Please add me to this feature request for the Venu!

• I did not know that! Thanks a bunch!

• Hi I would like to be added into! Thanks 

• Please add me to this feature request for the Venu2 as well!

• Hello .  The feature request is currently only for the Venu Sq.  You will need to look in the threads for the Venu 2 instead of the Venu Sq.  If you are unable to find a Venu 2 thread for this topic, you can submit an idea with the link below:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

• The feature request is currently only for the Venu Sq.  You will need to look in the threads for the Venu instead of the Venu Sq.  If you are unable to find a Venu thread for this topic, you can submit an idea with the link below: 

www.garmin.com/.../