This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Snowboard/Skiing measuring problem

Hello,

Recently I got a Venu SQ2 Music. For the last couple of days I’m skiing with some friends, and they also have Garmin watches(Fenix6). At the end of the day, when we compare results my distance, runs, avg speed etc. are very different to theirs. Almost double the kms and half the avg speed and so on.

I noticed that the watch doesnt differentiate between lift runs and downhill. 
I don’t see an option to calibrate any of this and I’m getting a bit furstrated by this absurd problem. I even found an app in connect iq to measure my ski runs, which works OK, but is third-party. I think that without this simple setting of separating lift and run this activity option in the watch is useless.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong or a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

• Absolutly same oroblem with Venu sq2. Wrong data about max Speed, elevation (sometime shows giant minus) and its not able to differ ride and elevation. In venu sq2 in spec - this bechaviour needs to be exists. Please answer, when will be it fixed? For me it is very important bechaviour

• The same thing happening with forerunner 955 when compared to Fenix. Double distance, half average speed, and runs include time spent on ski lifts.Shrug

• Has anyone come up with a solution to

this? I am having the same frustrations 

• From what I've heard, you need to hit the lap button at the bottom of your run.

• No, watches with snowboard app can recognize when you go down or lifts up. Even data from this garmin watch in Strava app shown with difference between that. So data and Hardware is looks ok. But errors in Software. Garmin Team, please fix it. For such serious Company this Workaround is not good that all, really.

• I have the same issue with Venu Sq2. So do I have to wear my old vivoactive 3 which worked perfecly fine or is Garmin gonna do something about this? I'm very dissapointed!

• I think we all can try to write a letters in Garmin support - to make them to fix the problem. If the Venu 2 sq has Ski and Snowboard - it can be used for this activities. And there is no problem with hardware - it is enougth only GPS for that. Try to upload data in Strava account and you will see that it can differ lifts and rides, so Garmin Connect App can do it also, if they to fix it.

• I already reported it to Garmin. It is deffinitely not a hardware problem, I used Skiing App Professional today and it worked well.

• Hello there, I'm happy to help!

We currently don't have any reports, so I will need to look further into this. Please respond to the following questions. 

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • I have the same Problem. The helpdesk in the Netherlands couldn’t help me.

I give you permission to mail me. My mail is [removed by moderator. Garmin has your registered email address]

I give also permission to acces my Garmin Connect.

Can you help?

kind regards,

Chantal Cornelissen