Venu 3/3S Battery Life Drain 9.24-9.28 (~3 days)

Edit 2024/05/02: After the update to 9.28, the issue still persists.

After the update to 9.24, and following the beta release programs for 9.25 and finally going to 9.26, it seems that the battery drain issue I am facing has not been fixed. My old estimated battery life went from 5~7 days down to just 3 days.

According to , a possible remediation appears to require a hard reboot of the watch. However, Scoobynaps also notes that the drain issue reappears after GPS usage, which appears to corroborate with my own findings.

Obviously, having to hard reboot my watch every time the GPS is used would be quite the humorous fix (ha ha).

Since it doesn't appear that Garmin is being timely with their support on this, I'm hoping to reach out to the community to find out if anyone else is experiencing this issue, or otherwise. If this issue does not impact your Venu 3/3S, and you are getting >5 days of battery life, please leave a comment as well!

, any chance of an official response, or unofficial response regarding this bug?

Related Threads:

• I have the same problem on the Venu 3. The battery drain in more or less three days (with the older fw, without sport activities, was necessary to recharge the battery every 7-8 days more or less).

I tried restoring the Venu to its original state (also deleting the data), but the result did not change.
    In contrast, on my wife's Venu 3S, also with new firmware we did not notice any change in battery life (this is strange).

• Garmin know it's an issue that people have been experiencing. I've sent them reports from my watch but they said they don't have a timescale for a fix. I asked them...... if it isn't a problem with every single unit, then it would be worth me exchanging my device for a different one under the warranty of the retailer and they said that I could if I wanted to but what I really wanted to know is am I likely to have the same issue with a new unit? How many watches are affected is an unknown. I mean it can't be every single one, surely?

• So your watch drains fast but your wife's 3s is ok? My 3s drains in 2 to 3 days. After sending reports to Garmin and hearing not a lot back, except that they're working on a fix for this.........I am thinking of exchanging my watch for a new one and if your wife isn't experiencing the same problem as you are then I guess I have a chance of getting a unit which isn't faulty.

• Yes, I confirm. My wife's Venu 3S does not seem affected by the problem. But before the update mine was perfect too, so I think it's a software problem probably related to some setting my wife doesn't use while I do!

• That's really interesting. Thank you for sharing. It is so frustrating. The watches are great, battery issue aside. Fingers crossed they find a solution.

• I am quite confident, also because with two versions ago everything worked.

• Hola: tenia el mismo problema, desde la 9.24, la batería me dura 5 días antes 13, 12 días en modo smartwatch. Yo segui  los mismos pasos que mortefer, lo explica un poco más arriba en este hilo y de durar 5 días a pasado a 11 días, a mi  de momento me está funcionando. Un saludo Wave 

• Al final algo a recuperado, de 5  días a pasado a 7 días, sigue consumiendo entre un 50 y 60 % más. Tendremos que seguir esperando a que lo arreglen. Wave

• +1 here.

After ANY workout, the watch starts battery drainage as usual (namely - Pool swim, which should not include GPS tracking, causes watch to go into battery eating mode)

The mentioned fix works up until next workout is tracked, which is far from solution, i would not even call that a workaround. Contacting support gave me nothing, they've been pushing me around different location based offices. 

• Thumbsupgracias por la información. Yo mande correo con el problema y la contestación después de una semana fue  que revisará la configuración, sin palabras, vamos qué deben estar trabajando en solucionarlo