Sleep tracking issue on venu 3s

Former Member
Former Member

Hi

After joining beta program 8.25 my watch doesn't recognize my sleep accurately. (I am not sure if it's due to beta program or not) I have sleep issue at knight and stay awake sometimes till midnight but my watch recognize as I am sleep. 

Even if I touch my watch screen or moving my hands. It shows sometimes that I am awake but shows most of awake time as light sleep. 

Every time I should edit my sleep in the morning. 

Actually I think it's related to setting schedule time. Which should not depend on it. 

Does anyone this issue?

If it's a common issue so what's the purpose of sleep couch because it also should change the body battery. 

It means all data and calculations would be unaccurate as a result. 

• I have exactly the same issue. I can look at my watch in the middle of the night but it thinks I am asleep.

It seems to me that the watch looks at scheduled sleep time, heart rate and movement.

From my experience priorities seems to be heart rate > movement > scheduled sleep time. 

If I lay down or sit still, my HR drops, and the watch are more likely to think I am falsely asleep.

However, after editing sleep time in the morning, Body battery seems to be more acurate feature than sleep stages and sleep coach. It usually does not rise (that much... or stay constant) when sleep tracking issue happens to me.

Sadly, falsly rexognized nap time can not be edited...

From my overall experience, I can not recommend Venu 3 as a reliable sleep tracker for someone that has sleep issues...

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 5 months ago in reply to 7983379

I think I should wait for an update and if there is no fix prefer to move to other brands but garmin.

Becouse I searched in other forums and realized it is common issue in venu serie. Also see some in vivoactive. And maybe others too. 

• For me, the sleep tracking feature is the biggest flaw of the Venu 3. I am a poor sleeper, typically awake for at least 30-45 minutes every night. However, the Venu consistently registers that I have been awake for only a few minutes. I have a low resting heart rate, even when I'm awake. This makes the body battery feature useless, as I start the day with a much higher body battery level than it should be. I've already adjusted my sleep start time to 1 am, which has helped a little in preventing the watch from starting the sleep tracking too early, as it did before.

Additionally, this morning, I received a false nap notification while I was reading the news. You should indeed have the ability to edit nap times.

• I have slightly similar but different behavior with my Venu 3... It stops recording all the sensors in middle of night for few minutes (one day 10 mins, for next day 5 mins, next day two times 8 mins once and 32 mins once) ... All these times the Connect app considers I am awake, but I am pretty much sleeping through these time... 

This eventually impacts my overall sleep time and also impacts the Body Battery & recover ... 

I reached out to support on Sunday and support person suggested that it's possible the Vo2 not enabled for all sleep that could be a reason for this and asked me to turn it on... Even with the V02 turned on for sleep I noticed last two days (5 mins gap on day 1 and 8 & 28-mins gap on day2).

I contacted support again today and they took report from Garmin express and connect app... Told me to get back in 7-14 days. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 5 months ago in reply to 6727820

Hi to all

I just reset my venu 3s lately and I think for four days sleep tracking is working fine. But nap tracking start to record nap  during the day when I am awake. I don't know why garmin can't fix it. 

I also got two update that I think I missed one by mistake. I think update is one time offer in garmin :))

I don't know if sleep tacking working fine due to update or reseting the watch. But nap detection start to record nap wrongly. 

I think I test it for more few days to see how it goes and let you know. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 5 months ago in reply to Former Member

It's not working accurately even after reset. Don't try that. Now I'm realizing that even it can't recognize when I'm awake.

NAP TRACKING is also messed up. 

I don't know why garmin named it as advance sleep tracking. 

I regret to choose venu 3. It cost me 465 euro. 

Garmin should do something about it.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 3 months ago in reply to Former Member

I've sold my Venu 3s. Becouse after around 2 month they didn't care about the issue. 

Instead they've released an update to fix the music player and delete Ecg.

I think I'm done with Garmin.

• ECG is not deleted. It is not available for Beta program as they are not certified to be perfect. Only certified stable updates can use ECG. I am on stable 8.25 and ECG works perfectly.

• Interesting. I am also on 8.25 and ECG has disappeared from my apps folder. When I go to Connect on my phone, it tells me it is activated and shows the record of the ECG I did in November when I got the watch.

• We'll want to look into this. Would you please reach out to your local Garmin Support team so they can gather additional information to open this report.