Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting

I've got my Venu 3 since yesterday. Before, I had Venu 2 and had no issues with that model. The new watch often loses bluetooth connection for some time, sometimes I need to re-pair with Garmin Connect. 

Garmin Venu 3, sw version: 6.21
Phone: Huawei P30 Pro

I am aware that there are some issues with Huawei phone and Garmin watches bluetooth connectivity but I had no issues with Venu 2, so I am not sure if the issue is the phone or watch itself. 

• Today again, I disabled phone connection for the night, in the morning trying to connect, but my Garmin Connect says that my Venu 3 is not fully connected and I need to add device again.

I can see that soft v 6.22 is released, not sure if can help but as soon as I get the update I will try to reproduce.

• Hello,

Have you tried the suggestions in this FAQ: Huawei Smartphone Bluetooth Troubleshooting With a Garmin Fitness Device

If you continue to have trouble, please reach out to your local Garmin Support team. 

• Hi, 

I know all those tricks and tips for bluetooth troubleshooting, have app perms and power management set correctly - this is my 3rd or 4th Garmin watch Slight smile
    For now I am waiting for 6.22 availability for my watch and keep this thread updated in a few days.

• Cześć, i jak? Udało się? Mam ten sam problem. I ten sam model telefonu. Zaktualizowałam wersję zegarka do 6.22, niestety nic to nie dało. 

• Nie, bawiłem się trochę tym i połączenie traci nawet po przejściu w tryb samolotowy i powrocie z niego więc to raczej problem z bluetooth po stronie telefonu kiedy go wyłączymy i włączymy ponownie. Znalazłem podobny problem na forum odnośnie venu 2 plus. Na aktualizacje od Huawei nie ma co liczyć. Dwa dni temu zmieniłem telefon na inny i wszystko działa ale ... wiem że to nie rozwiązanie.

• Having the same issue, with same phone. Everything updated. Did apply the FAQ recommended bellow. I think of returning the device, all other Bluetooth devices works fine. Like car kit, connection to stand-up desk, lots of Bluetooth speakers, multiple head phones and previous watch.

The wierd thing is that my phone sees the device, but it says the app should manage it.

Watch version: 6.17.1.4 

Android version: 12.0.0.142

• my phone sees the device, but it says the app should manage it.

Yes, the app should manage it. I would...

• Remove (unpair) the watch from Bluetooth settings on your phone.
    • Remove the Venu 3 from Garmin Connect - More > Garmin Devices > select Venu 3 > 3-dot menu > Remove Device
    • Restart the phone and the watch.
    • Place the watch in pairing mode - Hold up > Connectivity > Phone > Pair Phone.
    • Open Garmin Connect app, then More > Garmin Devices > Add Device > Follow the prompts on the phone.
    • If issues persist, see below.
    If you continue to have trouble, please reach out to your local Garmin Support team. 
  • Hey People, I have the same issue with Huawei P30 and Venu3. Made test of this Venu 3 with a iphone and was working fine.

I contacted garmin support which said: get in touch with Huawei...

Frustrating is that all work fine with my Venu 1...

In other words, the combo Huawei P30 + Venu3, forget it, it will not work, either buy a new phone OR get rid of the watch

• I purchased this watch a few weeks ago and have been consistently dealing with connectivity issues on my Huawei P30 Pro. To sync my data, I find myself frequently removing the watch from Garmin Connect, unpairing it from Bluetooth, and restarting the watch every other day. It has become the most frustrating gadget I own.

Moreover, the smart features I was excited about are also disappointing. Garmin Pay doesn't support my bank, and Google Assistant has never successfully connected to the phone. Having been a satisfied user of the Forerunner 735xt for four years without any connectivity problems, this upgrade feels like a step backward. If I hadn't bought it during a holiday, I would seriously consider returning it.

As a fan of Garmin, I believe this product urgently needs a substantial software update to become fully functional with Huawei P30 Pro as all Huawei phones are currently using this firmware, even the brand new ones. 

• having

the issue with my Huawei P20 Pro, with my last Garmin 945 there was no problem...