Software Update 16.11 battery drain

After my Venu 2 was updated with the latest software (16.11) I'm losing 4% battery per hour.

It might not be related to the SW update, perhaps just a coincidence.

My watch would last a week without charge previously, now I'm charging it every day.

I've contacted support and uninstalled all apps/faces and went as far as a factory reset, but to no avail.

Is anyone else having issues?

The watch isn't a year old yet, so still within the 2 year warranty. However, I would prefer to avoid sending watch back and losing my training data in its absence.

• My watch is not yet two years old. About two months ago a problem appeared with uneven battery consumption. From 100% to 40-35, the battery charge is consumed evenly. The remaining 40-35% is completed within an hour. I tried resetting the settings and deleting all applications. Unfortunately, nothing helped solve the problem. 

• Latest firmware with watch replaced (under warrantee) and battery lasting a week again.

• I still have crappy battery life @ about 3 days.  17.04 did not fix it, have been waiting & hoping whatever 18.x update comes out restores it.

• And it charges slower than it did prior to the 16.x update.  

• Hello,

I have the same issue. My Venu 2 is two years and about 3 month old. I'm not sure when this issue started but recently I started to record the activity when waking the dog. I don't use MoveIQ and I haven't done this before. I need to recharge the watch every 5 days, what is not bad, compared to other smartwatches. I record every day 30 minutes of walking, every second day 1 hour of running, and about 1 hour of activity without GPS. 

My main concern is the unreliable battery display/indicator. Once the battery reaches 35% or less, I cannot be sure it will be able to record 1 hour running. Below 25% it will stop and shutdown a few minutes after starting the activity.

I thought it is related to a software update but I'm not sure. As I said, I recently started to record my walking activities.

Kind regards,

Stephan

• I did recently have luck restoring to factory settings.  Battery life returned to around 5+ days (from 3).  I did not reinstall a couple of apps, but doubt that was the issue.  Plus there is a newer 19.05 SW version. I suggest installing that and resetting to factory to see if that helps 

• Hello, thank you for your reply. Now that you mention it, I recently installed a Barometer app via Connect IQ because I have an issue with the "Floors climbed" statistics too. I removed Connect IQ from my phone as I read a post recommending this. Two days ago, I also did a hard reset as described by Garmin to fix the issue with the barometer but it didn't help. Maybe it worked for the battery issue. I didn't install any app yet. My phone is already running 19.05 SW version.