This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu2 - huge battery capacity degradation in less than 1y of use

To GARMIN:

Please do not lock this thread. 

This issue is not related to battery drain but battery capacity degradation.

Hi,

I have to open new thread because the first one has been locked.

Original capacity of my Venu2: 250mAh (11 months ago)
See my thread Arrow right️ Venu 2 - what's your charging time?

Capacity after 11 months: 193mAh (-23%)

• 0%-49%, 97mAh, 25 minutes
  • -> 67%, 132mAh, 35m
  • -> 89%, 180mAh, 1h 10m
  • -> 100%, 193mAh, 1h 25m

I'm really disappointed :|
Anyone else with similar issue?

Thanks.

• Hello, I noted degradation after a year. Now at a year and a half it’s really dropping off. It gets to 50% after 2 days, then I need to charge it, as from 30% it can drop to 1% in an hour.

For context I work in an office and have been busy recently and have a young family. So all I do it sit in an office then come home and sort the family stuff and sleep. So nothing at the moment that should be using the battery. 

When it was new I was bike riding everyday, using gps etc. battery easily went for a week+.

Battery should not be going this quickly on a $400 watch Rolling eyes

• My watch is 11months old and the battery only lasts 4-5 days now compared to the 10days it used. I don't do any sporting activities, so don't understand the decline in days.

• I have also noticed my 1 year old Venu 2 battery life is significantly shorter than when new. Needs charge every week as opposed to 10 days initially with minimal GPS use and PulseOx off and AOD off too.

• Return it to Garmin customer services?

• Sent mine in last week. Awaiting feedback. Hopefully, it gets sorted soon. 

• Hi. 
    I've had my Venu 2 for 20 months now, used daily. 
    The retailer specifies the capacity as 225mAh as new (unsure where that figure comes from, but my source is: www.argos.co.uk)
    I didn't measure it from new but I've measured it now at 20 months for you along the same lines as you did so you can compare the results:
    Charging input: 
    • 5V / 0.13A (0-80%)
    • 5V / 0.11 - 0.04A (at 80%+ seemingly slowly decreasing the current drawn automatically)
    Capacity/ charge time:
    • 0-49% = 117mAh, 54 minutes
    • ->67% = 160mAh, 74 m
    • ->89% = 215mAh, 104m
    • ->100% = 229mAh, 119m

It would appear that the charge cycle is being actively managed. The firmware update releases state that optimisations to improve battery life have been made. I suspect that this may be some of them at work.
    Considering that my battery is above the 'as new' figure advertised, I'm fairly happy with the performance. Anyway, submitted for you if it's of any interest.
  • Thank you for the feedback. Garmin sent me a new watch (in box), I assume because it was still under warranty. My previous one failed the battery test. Been using the new one since last Friday and everything seems good. Hopefully this one doesn't have the same issue as the last. 

• I have the same issue. After almost 2 years of using this watch its battery lasts for 1-2 days. And the watch can turn off even on 80% of capacity. I can do some sport only if it's charged to 100% and only one training, then I need to charge it again.
    Unfortunately, the warranty period is over Disappointed
    I am very upset with the quality of the battery. My previous Garmin watch was vivoactive 3 music and there was no such problem.

• I lose 50% in a single day now since this last update.

• Owned a Venu 2 for just shy of 2 years. I've also noticed a decrease in capacity. I have had the battery graph widget installed for about a year and have noticed that recently (in the last 3 or so months), the measured battery level will frequently drop from 20% to 5% and the low battery prompt to enable battery saver will appear. This sudden drop is evident on the graph.

My question is, would I still be eligible for a repair/replacement? I purchased the watch in November 2021