This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto pause not working anymore

While running I much appreciated the 'auto pause' function, I have set it to activate when I stop running, it used to automatically pause after a couple of seconds en get active again just after continuing running.

After the firmware update it takes about 30 to sometimes 50seconds to activate or deactivate the auto pause function which is ridiculous, standing still watching the data i see the pace slowly changing this was changing a lot faster before.

I am on beta firmware, did a full factory reset without changes. 

A bike ride with auto pause is working like it should.

Anyone else noticing this?

• Please reach out to your local Garmin support team to help getting you enrolled in the Beta software program. 

• Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'd signed up in the past but no longer was...joined (again) via Garmin Connect and have now been able to update to 13.09 beta and I'll see is the instant pace is updated properly again.

• Frustrating. We've (all) paid a lot of money for this feature to not work.  The last person at Garmin I chatted with suggested I take a video of the auto pause not stopping and not re-starting while running.  Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with the suggestion.

• Today I did my first run using the 13.09 beta release. I tested today with sprints. Previously, it would take a long time for the instant pace to update, which resulted in very little variation in pace during my 30-20-10 second sprints. Today, the sprint paces were much more consistent with the results I had previously. I will attempt to use auto pause and try out two more runs this week to see if 13.09 has fully solved the issues introduced with 12.13. So far, it looks promising. I will update you on the results of my runs on Thursday and Saturday.

• Look forward to hearing from you regarding this. 

• I joined the beta program and was able to download 13.11 to my Venu 2S. This appears to have resolved the auto-pause issue. I went for a quick 2 mile run and instead of a 30 second delay, the run paused 5 or 6 seconds after I came to a stop. This is a definite improvement. I'll continue to test this week and report back. 

• Can you explain how to join the beta program? I am trying to follow the instructions but it doesnt' work.

Thanks

• You have to login to Garmin Connect on the web at connect.garmin.com. Click on the device icon in the upper right, and on the device page, you'll see the option to join the beta program. After opting into the program, I had to sync my device multiple times using Garmin Connect and Connect IQ before the beta software would download. 

• Thank you! I managed to join the beta program but still cannot update/download the software to 13.11.

• It will eventually be pushed to your watch after you sync it with Garmin Connect/Connect IQ. It took an hour or so before I received the prompt to install in on my Venu 2S.