Floor count is through the roof

Since about the beginning of January 2023 my Venu 2 has started showing climbed floors totally wrong. Before it used to be fairly accurate but now I get more floors throughout the day even if I definitely don't climb at all. For example today I got 20 floors just by being at work sitting and occasionally walking a bit. In reality my floor count should have been about 4-5. I may even get floors when driving a car or riding an elevator. Before the watch was able to recognize that I wasn't walking on those situations but it seems that now every air pressure change results in generous amount of floors climbed.

• First, I know the abilities and limitations of barometric altimeter. My Venu 2 used to be fairly accurate and consistent when measuring elevations. If I skied on flat surface or played badminton inside, I didn't gain floors and the elevation graph was flat. But around last christmas my watch started gaining wild amounts of climbed stairs and the elevation graph shows nonsense even on flat surface activities. The behaviour of barometric altimeter is nothing like it used to. And I've heard other people having the same problem start around the same time so that's why I believe the issue is not my watch itself but maybe a software bug.

Second, your link to Garmin support agent does not work.

• Additional support for your report will be provided by reaching out to our support team. 

I've corrected the link to contact our support agent. Please let me know if you are still experiencing an issue with it. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

Try on going to settings - system - about - SW versions - and press 10 to 12 times SW version and it will pop up and advance settings and you can restart and calibrate de baro and altimeter. Hope ot works. Im on beta.

• UPDATE:

I already mentioned getting a replacement watch after this issue. But apparently this issue started again.

I did not notice it because i set my floors goal to 1000, but this post made me check my floor count and indeed it is through the roof. Started around march 2nd or 3rd.

Bottom line: new watch will not fix it.

Also happened to a friend of mine with one of the vivo series watch.

Please help us understand, is this a manufacturing defect?

And of course I already went over your link.

This is happening on a too large scale to not provide an explanation or solution.

Thanks,

• "Floor count is through the roof" implies a multi-story building. ContaRoofing Companyct a reliable Roofing Company for high-quality roofing solutions.

• Garmin support looked at elevation data on my recorded exercises and I also sent them results from watch's barometric test in diagnostic mode. After that they asked me to send it back to Garmin for repairing. Luckily I still have warranty left.

Apparently this is a hardware issue, not just a software bug.

• Same here, problem was fixed on the replacement watch, then returned after one or two months. Sent back to the lab and again they could not fix it so it's back to getting a second replacement watch. I am truely disappointed from this, as this seems to be a manufacturing defect across this and some other models. At some point my warranty will run out and I will not be able to replace the watch again.

• same here, it also happens while running, but sometimes I'm just walking on a flat surface and it shows that I already hit that day steps goal :/

• Same for me, it started about at January 2023 and despite many updates it goes on showing much more climbed floors then real

• I tried what Garmins website says to clean the barometer but no luck, since half a year ago or so the floor counting is totally wrong when before was pretty accurate. I just tried restarting the barometer on the advanced options as someone mentioned abd will see if I finally can get it fixed