This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain

For a few weeks(I think 3/4) I am experiencing an issue with the battery so it drains instantly from about 20% to 0 and watch shuts down due to critical battery level. I have tried to reset my watch but it happened again.

It looks like battery percentage drops slowly from 100% to let's say 30% but then it speeds up and from 20 to 0 drops within less then 5 minutes. 
I am not sure if it is maybe the issue with current battery percentage indicator, battery is broken or is it an issue with the recent software.

The watch battery even with this issue can last for about a week(with activities) but it is too much unreliable leaving home with 30% of battery and it dies during a training.

Is there anyone who experienced same issues with their watch or should I assume that its battery is damaged and I should claim a warranty for a replacement.

• +1 

similar issue for me. It used to last 8—9 days as normal smart watch (no notifications) and since the last update it goes down quite fast especially from 100% to 90% in some hours.

any news from Garmin on this?

• A few days ago I received a response that they have not found any weird battery drains like loss of 30% in 5 minutes. I have responded with two specific dates when my watch died(it was not 5 minutes but loss of 20% in ~ 8 hours of night with bluetooth turned off - expecting loss of at most 5% based on common behaviour) and still waiting for response. 

• Following up with a further observation - the battery meter seems very non-linear now. In smart watch mode (no activities, no GPS), the watch usually uses ~10% battery per day. Since the last update, after a full charge the indicated battery drain is much lower to start with - more like 5% per day. It then speeds up using 20%+ per day.

• My Venu 2 it’s also draining its battery at 20% rate per day since I installed 12.07. Very annoying. Even with one activity per day it lasted nearly one week before,

• And today I experienced an even worse problem.

I just recorded a walking activity of 1h46 minutes. At the start of the activity the battery meter showed 61% - I charged it around 52 hours ago and had recorded around 2h30 minutes of GPS activities since then. At the end of the 1h46 activity today when I stopped recording, the watch shut down. On trying to restart, the "battery empty" icon appeared.

On connecting it to the charger, the watch started and I was able to recover the activity. However, the battery immediately showed 57% - despite not being able to start it seconds before.

Up to one month ago, I could run the battery down to near 0%, and it achieved the advertised battery life of 10-12 days smart watch mode, 20-22 hour GPS recording.

Is it likely that the watch has developed a fault (along with the other users here), or is it a problem with the 11.16 firmware? It is 13 months old and has never caused me problems before.

• I contacted Garmin Support on the 4th of January, it was almost month ago and there is still no solution for my issue. The last response from someone from Garmin was 10 days ago. I feel very disappointed in the support and their response time. Some of your replies make me believe that there is no issue with only my watch but there is a bug in the software and I would expect from serious manufacturer not only a quick response but also more information about status of my and not only my case.

I am Garmin user for a few years now, I have considered their watches as one of best available on the market but the situation makes me doubt if that is true.

• Same here, about 1.2% per hour with no GPS activities. I thought here might be something wrong with my WF but it seems it's a more widespread problem, running 12.07 Beta.

• So running for 1 hours drained the battery by 7%, which is consistent with what I've always had with the V2 according to my notes. It's the standby mode that's a problem it seems.

• Same on me after 11.18 update, previously last 6 days without sport activity, now going to charge every day. 

• Mine has lasted 7 days again.

I’ve noticed that, after updating to 12.07, while on “Do not disturb mode” the screen kept on lighting on.

I had to re-set it several times till it finally works properly.

I do not know how much that affect to the batt draining. I’ve done about 10 hrs of activities along those 7 days.

Automatically disconnecting the Bluetooth while in “Do not disturb” or, at least, give the option to configure that will probably increase batt life.