This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain

For a few weeks(I think 3/4) I am experiencing an issue with the battery so it drains instantly from about 20% to 0 and watch shuts down due to critical battery level. I have tried to reset my watch but it happened again.

It looks like battery percentage drops slowly from 100% to let's say 30% but then it speeds up and from 20 to 0 drops within less then 5 minutes. 
I am not sure if it is maybe the issue with current battery percentage indicator, battery is broken or is it an issue with the recent software.

The watch battery even with this issue can last for about a week(with activities) but it is too much unreliable leaving home with 30% of battery and it dies during a training.

Is there anyone who experienced same issues with their watch or should I assume that its battery is damaged and I should claim a warranty for a replacement.

• I experienced the same: Today the battery percentage dropped from 40% to 0 within a few minutes only.

• Same for me i was surprised to see my watch drop from 20% to 5% in around 20mins no noticed any issue prior to today but i am surprised that the battery has dropped down so quickly!

EDIT: Interestingly since i posted this 25 mins ago the battery percentage has reached zero but is still on.

• I have contacted Garmin Support, they raised a ticket with my issue and enabled activity logging on my device. I suppose someone from tech team will contact me in a few days. 

• please keep us updated on how this continues

• I just saw the same problem with my Venu 2 (with latest production software). While recording a walk, the battery dropped from 30% to 0 in around ten minutes and the watch turned off. Trying to restart just gave the low battery icon.

Normally the watch lasts 5-7 days on a charge with my use, including some activities. This time it lasted a little less than 5 days with 2-3 hours of activities, which seems a bit shorter than usual.

I've had the watch for over a year and I haven't seen this before. Normally the watch works fine down to 0%, although I rarely drain the battery fully.

I just recharged the watch and all seems normal.

• I am experiencing very similar issues. I have the Venu 2 just over a year (Xmas present Dec 21) and did not notice any battery issues until last few weeks.

Watch died during a gym workout last week, despite being around 40% charge. During a walk it also died, with 60% charge and went to bed last night with battery at 60% and woke up this morning to find it was completely dead!

Recharged the watch this morning and it seems fine but I fear this problem will reoccur - I also have no 3rd party apps from Connect IQ, apart from Spotify.

• I have similar issue. With the latest software update the battery drains quickier... Just 2 days with normal usagr without GPS :(

• After the 11.16 fw update i noticed my venu2 is losing about 20% in 24h even with no activity tracking.

i haven't changed any settings on the wrist sensor (Status is set to Auto and PulseOX seem in All Day) only thing i noticed while at bed at night is the red sensor light keeps on/flashing, which might be the culprit of these 20%, but as i said i didn't loose that much in 24h before and have not changed any settings. Is this normal behavior for the red sensor light (although i understand it's set to All Day)?

• For me, battery consumption also increased after updating to 11.16. Normally it used to last for 6-7 days without any problems but now it lasts for about 4 d.