This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Things I don't like after 1 year and a half with the Venu2

- Sleep tracking is pretty unreliable, while it tracks sleeping time ok, the score I feel is not very accurate.

- Walk auto detection is unreliable, sometimes it won't just start, if you stop walking for a few minutes to take a break, it stop the tracking too soon, won't resumes correctly or sometimes just won't start at all.

- Spo2 is unreliable, when I had covid it was totally useless and I purchased a cheap spo2 finger device.

- Physical age on the watch (in settings, user profile) didn't update when I'm now one year older and while it is updated correctly on Garmin Connect and I already reached max attainable goal.

- Vo2 max doesn't update that regularly if the only thing you do is walk (that should be enough, I walk every day).

- Pairing is unreliable, disconnect if you move the cable just a little bit.

- Once I got the device stuck after an update, had to hard reset to rescusitate it while I never use beta version.

- Recently Garmin connect kept asking me for login / password, until I removed the device from the app.

Otheriwse, it's a good device, but need progress.

• I have used the Venu2 now as my exclusive HR monitor during sports. I tested it next to a wahoo tickrX *** HRM belt. Even during rowing the difference in readings was marginal, so little that I do not bother with the belt anymore. 

I mostly start a workout on my Venu2 some minites before the actual sports session. When I am ready to start I discard the first "fake" workout and start the Venu2 for the planned workout. It seems that the watch needs a bit of time to warm up the sensor. By this method I described the readings are very good from the very start of my workouts.

Actually I am very happy with the watch: touch works perfekt, music streaming as well, screen is beautiful. I do not need all the Garmin data like training status or recovery etc. I always found these to be of little use on my edge 530 anyway.

And if you need it: have your sessions automatically upload to Runalyze and you will find training load and lots of data Garmin actually writes to the fit file, bur censors the data on the watch itself for some reason.

I am happy with the Venu2

• - Age:I'm talking about when you keep pressed the lower right button, go to parameter and user profile. I have synced my watch for more than 6 months now (meaning after I'm one year older) and the age displayed there is not updating, but is updated fine on garmin connect (and already max reachable goal anyway).

- Cable: Nah it's just the connector that is loose, it's too much to ask to have some nfc on a $400 device? My $30 toothbrush recharge this way.

• That’s fitness age.  In other words how much your device thinks you are under your age.  

I’m also not sure why you connect it to a computer.  Unless there is a specific need, why connect it? 

• I know what it is, but it's not updated compared to:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/fitness-age

And I already reached my max attainable fitness, so not sure, the watch thinks I have a fitness age one year below what the website or the app tells me is possible (and yes I synced it several months so it should have updated at some point) unless it's a different score than the app / website.

I connect it to my computer to charge and sync because I never enabled wireless, it's a personal preference since I keep it 24/7.

• Btw, the watch looks cool in black and you have a great vo2max!

• Also it would be cool to be able to sync data with Google Fit without a third party app...

• Better yet, Google is developing an universal connector for fitness apps, works great with Withings, hope Garmin doesn't stay behind.

android-developers.googleblog.com/.../leading-health-and-fitness-apps-roll-out-health-connect-integrations.html