This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Things I don't like after 1 year and a half with the Venu2

- Sleep tracking is pretty unreliable, while it tracks sleeping time ok, the score I feel is not very accurate.

- Walk auto detection is unreliable, sometimes it won't just start, if you stop walking for a few minutes to take a break, it stop the tracking too soon, won't resumes correctly or sometimes just won't start at all.

- Spo2 is unreliable, when I had covid it was totally useless and I purchased a cheap spo2 finger device.

- Physical age on the watch (in settings, user profile) didn't update when I'm now one year older and while it is updated correctly on Garmin Connect and I already reached max attainable goal.

- Vo2 max doesn't update that regularly if the only thing you do is walk (that should be enough, I walk every day).

- Pairing is unreliable, disconnect if you move the cable just a little bit.

- Once I got the device stuck after an update, had to hard reset to rescusitate it while I never use beta version.

- Recently Garmin connect kept asking me for login / password, until I removed the device from the app.

Otheriwse, it's a good device, but need progress.

• Otheriwse, it's a good device, but need progress.

I really don't think that there will be any other progress in Venu 2. It seems to be phased out already in favor of Venu 2 plus and all it gets any more seems to be bug fixes.

• Venu 2 plus is just a Venu 2 with some extra features, I don't see why we wouldn't get updates, Venu 2 is still top of the line. Garmin is a decent company (don't make me regret saying that Garmin) after all they bring a lot of update to forerunner 245 for instance.

• Time will tell I guess...

• I mean how can it think I've stopped walking when the GPS is on and my heart rate is elevated, even if I have hands in my pockets, it's just bad coding.

• And why do I have an "install" button on Garmin Express each time I connect the watch to my pc, the watch already syncs itself automatically in Garmin Express, why the need for a manual button, I swear there is a lack of visionary in their corp, hire Elon.

• also you have an eject button on the watch when connected to pc, but you have to tap it like 50 times for it to actually disconect it, very modern!

• luckily the watch disconnect itself because you move the cable anyway

• Sleep tracking is useless on any watch, sp02 is largely a pointless feature for almost everyone.  

physical age not updating - are you talking fitness age and if so likely just need a sync.  

vo2 max updates when it changes. There is no set schedule. 

Pairing with a cable is likely a Broken cable.  

• I've been wearing the V2 since it came out and have worn earlier Garmin watches for many years.  I've recently begun wearing an Apple SE watch on my other wrist and I've got some observations.  i've found the sleep tracking on the SE to be more in line with my actual sleep.  Garmin has never been good at tracking my sleep so finding a decent alternative is one point in the SE's favor.  Heartrate tracking on the SE mirrors my Garmin cheststrap. The V2 isn't close.  Battery life on the SE sucks.  Advantage Garmin.  GPS is excellent on both watches.

• Aside from battery life those Apple Watches are catching up with Garmin. not there yet, but they will soon cause an issue for Garmin. 

wrist based hr is a mixed bag, for me, the Venu 2 and 645 have always been really accurate.  The 645 has a few wobbles but the Venu hasn’t missed a beat, at least for running.  The gym is a different story but hr in that environment doesn’t really matter.