This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[SW 11.14] Heart Rate completely off

Since SW 11.11 I've recorded many activities where the heart rate is completely off.

It randomly drops off at some point during the activity and it takes minutes for it to recover.

In all cases, the watch was strapped tightly to my wrist and I the heart rate was locked.

Activities include cycling, running, indoor rowing. No extreme movements, etc.

Providing a screenshots below where you can see my heart rate is shown to be around 65 for first 5 minutes of cycling at 20km/h. And then it suddenly jumps to 130.

Similar situation with the second screenshot.

This is really embarrassing Garmin! I'd expect at least HR to work accurately from a €350 watch that is not suppose to be a toy, but a tool...

• I have the same issue 

• I've noticed the same on mine, recorded an activity on zwift using my hrm chest strap, average HRM 141bpm, my watch however seems to be stuck on around 80BPM and has an average of 113BPM

• IS possible to downgrade at previous version?

• My wife's watch has the same issue, however she can't tell if it was after updating it.

It has messed up her training effect and fitness age.

Have you guys found a solution?

• It suddenly goes from 66 bpm to 150 bpm.
    My used another HR monitor during the activity and it shows that almost the whole activity was made between 130 and 160 bpm, which she could actually feel.

• Nope, tried beta firmware too and the issue remains. If I am on the turbo and comparing with my hrm chest strap 8t sometimes is in sync and other times "loses interest" and drops to 80 odd bmp. I've taken to recording an activity on the watch at the same time as zwift or my garmin then letting it sync and deleting the watch activity in garmin connect. This then seems to force an update of the intensity minutes and the rest. But of a faff and should not be necessary but hey ho. 

• What do you mean with turbo?

• I mean when I am using zwift on the turbo trainer paired with my garmin hrm. If I'm doing a race and it says my heart rate is high on zwift then more often than not my venu 2 only reads around 80, unless I start an activity on the watch, then it reads correctly within seconds

• same here since around 10.x firmware. GARMIN will you please do something ???

• This has been bugging me for months, but only on walking activities! Everything else seems to be working fine. I’ll be on an indoor bike and HR is 145, then go on the treadmill and the walking activity will have me at 80 for 20 minutes then jump up to 140. I’ll be switching from Garmin if they can’t get this sorted out!