This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[SW 11.14] Heart Rate completely off

Since SW 11.11 I've recorded many activities where the heart rate is completely off.

It randomly drops off at some point during the activity and it takes minutes for it to recover.

In all cases, the watch was strapped tightly to my wrist and I the heart rate was locked.

Activities include cycling, running, indoor rowing. No extreme movements, etc.

Providing a screenshots below where you can see my heart rate is shown to be around 65 for first 5 minutes of cycling at 20km/h. And then it suddenly jumps to 130.

Similar situation with the second screenshot.

This is really embarrassing Garmin! I'd expect at least HR to work accurately from a €350 watch that is not suppose to be a toy, but a tool...

• It seems that with the latest update, v.11.21, things have improved. In addition, in America they have activated the ECG function.

• So I heard, but it is only in US and only for Venu 2 plus... Venu 2 is not included, probably due to HW.

• I've worn Garmin watches for years. My current Garmin watch is the Venu 2.  On the other wrist I began wearing the Apple watch SE last Fall.  I use a Garmin cheststrap as my control device.  No Garmin watch I've ever owned is consistently good at heart rate.  The SE is always within 2 beats of the cheststrap and usually, it's spot on.  The other area where the SE excels over the Garmin is sleep tracking.  Where Garmin excels is battery life.  The SE must be charged every day.  I use these devices for weight training, rowing & cycling ( both indoor & out).

• That's where my wife also complains, during "indoor walk" this behavior shows up, but not when she selects "Cardio" for example.
    I was in contact with Garmin support and they asked her to select Treadmill instead of Indoor walk, they mentioned this should solve the HR problem.
    My problem with this is that if she selects treadmill it will count as a running activity and not as walking, all running statistics will be messed up.