This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update?

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update? I keep seeing how other watches receive new features but my venu 2s mainly has the same things it had when I bought it :/ I'd be happy with that smart alarm thing that should be easy to implement 

• They have launched the Venu sq recently, right? I guess it has some new features and it'd be great if they add a few ones to the venue 2 :/

• Knowing garmin, they will treat as separate product lines.  Sq will get more features.  Standard garmin practice.  

they will put it down to hardware not allowing the Venu 2 to do it.  

• Same here, I started having problems charging the tomtom spark after more than 6 years, don't know if it was a problem with the watch or the charger but the the battery still lasted long, and yes, I was quite happy when they added all those features not long time before they stopped selling watches

• Hope you're wrong and don't treat them as separate product lines.

Just read today about a new feature "acute load" and which watches will have it and of course the venue isn't on the list :/

• Venu 2 is classed as a lifestyle watch. Basically a forerunner with all the good stuff removed. 

venu 2 won’t get anything decent. We still don’t have the morning reportRofl  

• had the morning report on the 255... annoying and worthless. it is nothing else than just scroling through your widgets. 

I am surprised how reliable and stable the Venu2 is. Returned the 255 as it was just one big bug. 

• I tend to agree and I'm on Epix 2. The watch can do tons of stuff, but the last update cycle kinda took the shine off for me.

• I would agree, The point is that the Venu 2 hasn’t got it and likely will not.  I would say that report is a health based report, one that is on the much cheaper lily watch. 

The 255 does have a lot of issues.  It seems like the firmware needs quite the tune up.  

• the only feature update i would like to see is the ability to make calls and call screen on during a call....it was listed as a lifestyle smartwatch and my thoughts are as follows:
    1. it is as smart (and maybe less) than a Peeble watch, it is strange to me that you call it smart and you dont have the ability to make a call from your watch..and talk with bt headphones....or even annoying that to end a call you have to take your phone out of the pocket!!!
    2.sports mode is ok for beginners and intermediate athletes....you shouldn't have bought the watch if your are more into sport data!!
    3. the will not update the 2 until the max out sales of the 2+...after that we might see some features....

• The main point here is how Garmin is parceling their watches, There are no good widgets from Garmin, The very best option, for me, would be, once the watch bought because of its style, the screen or whatever other reason, be able to purchase those apps or widgets to have those sports and metrics I’d like to have (as far as the hardware can afford them)… I won’t ever use the golf… I guess. Does it make sense?