This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 died after 2 hours

I just purchased a Garmin 2 today. Brought it home and charged it 100%. All seemed sort of ok. I did notice, regardless of wrist movement, you can only see the time if you double tap the screen, or push the bottom button. Anyway, before I went for a walk, I set the walk up on the Venu 2 and set off. 30 minutes into the walk, I noticed when looking at the watch, there was no display. Pushing the buttons...nothing. When I got home 30 minutes later, I noticed that using any button, did nothing. Dead screen. Even plugging the charger in provided no display.

My wife has had the Venu. for 12 months. It has never missed a beat. Great watch she says, you should buy one, better still, get the newer model Venu 2.....

Spoke to the selling dealer and said bring it back and we will replace it.

Not sure if I want another. My first venture into smart watches.

Geoff

• It can happen but normally garmin(or in this case also your dealer) will replace it without problems. 

I'm with the Venu 2 since 6 months and all good. 

• Great to hear. It seems the Venu 2 requires constant updates until it becomes stable. Maybe a better idea to return the Venu 2 and buy the Venu, which seems stable now.

• I would suggest contacting Garmin support ... could be you need a firmware update. Could be you have a bad unit.

I've had my V2 since it became available and haven't had any major problems with it.  Prior to the V2 I had all the iterations of the Vivoactive. I've had a few issues, but most were fixed with firmware updates. A very few were hardware problems that Garmin support resolved quite promptly.

• Hi fallingrock, thanks for the reply. I think the overall problem I found, is when you get the new watch, there should be a slip of paper with quick start information that says:

"the watch may have been in the shop for several weeks/months, and the software controlling the watch may need updating. When you first charge the battery make sure you log into Garmin Connect to update the watch software to the latest version. If you do not do this, the watch may at some stage default to a black screen that appears unresponsive. If this happens, push the bottom button for 15+ seconds. The watch should reboot(you will see a triangle) when rebooted, connect to Garmin Connect, and update the watch to the latest software version. You may need to recharge the battery again. Wear the watch for 24 hours, and all functions should be working".

I found this information on this forum(I love forums for information) This has saved me a visit back to the shop to get another watch, which will no doubt have the same issues.

After wearing the watch overnight, I looked at the watch in the morning, and it automatically turned on so I could see the time, and presented me with sleep information etc. If the above information was supplied when I first got the watch, it would have reduce the frustration. It seems it needs that overnight wearing to stabilise.

• https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/GUID-D93137A9-B374-4A24-8A4D-A66C9AC91265/EN-US/Venu_2_2S_OM_EN-US.pdf you can find it on the manual(pag.53 in this case i guess about restarting your device).

If you can't find it there you can always contact the Garmin support(they are pretty quick to suggest how to fix the issue or to replace a defective unit).

• Hi Miaden, Yes, I just downloaded the manual. Great document. I think though to help newbies like me that have never had a smart watch and no idea about them at all, a quick start guide would help. Sort of like when you buy a modem, and they say the manual of 250+ pages will tell you everything. However, we have supplied a quick start guide to get you up and running in most cases, including the essential update process, and if required, the essential re-boot process.

I am pleased to say the watch appears to work great, and following the manual download, I can venture into the Venu2 and see how the many many functions work.  

• please see the FAQ below for your request.

New Venu 2 and 2S Users Start Here!

Also, if your battery drain issues continue, see below:

Battery drain after update to 5.38

• Done Garmin-Kevin. FAQ and info is very helpful.