This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Battery Drain After Installing 5.33

I was hoping the 5.33 update would help, but apparently not.

No pulse ox

No non-Garmin watch faces

No always on display

It seems when I charge my watch to 90%+ there’s a good chance that the watch will drain to less than 10% overnight. Other times the watch will last nearly a week with identical settings.

It’s very frustrating that this is a known issue but it’s still happening.

• So update: On the day I made my own thread mentioning the increased battery consumption, I charged my Venu 2 up to about ~96% and it reported an estimate of 12/13 days.

Now it's about 4 days later and I'm at 46% and it's reporting an estimate of 6 days.

I don't know what's going on--- if it's the way sensor performs now with the recent firmware or the estimation calculation needs to be fixed---but it's concerns me because the performance is nowhere near what Garmin claims for the Venu 2.

I undertand there would be fluctuations based on usage, but for my minimal and limited usage, I don't see how in an estimated 1/3 of time I'm down to half the battery charge. Prior to that, I could go longer or the performance matched the estimate.

• On a different topic, how do a clean install of my Venu 2? I know there are remnants from badly coded watch faces or widgets.

• Hello
    I am French and I have the same problem with the venu 2.

1st charge: autonomy 11 days!
    in the meantime updated the new firmware version.
    2nd charge: autonomy 8 days!
    3 th charge autonomy announced the next day 6 days remaining!!!
    I have no third-party application in the watch and I installed a personal desktop, that’s all.
    I only use it for its smart functions and nothing more.

Thank you to review this firmware which poses an obvious problem of autonomy.
    cordially
    (my text was translated by Google)

• My girlfriend just bought her Venu 2s. The battery drops from 100% to 87% over night while battery saver is on. The watch might last 4 days with almost everything turned off. Power cycles and hard reboots didn't help. This is really disheartening. Disappointed

• I am also having a similar problem. I put my watch on charge when I have a shower in the mornings, when I put it back on its at 100% and works well. I will then go about my business and then a few hours later its completely off and dead. The only way to get it to turn back on is by holding the top button in until it turns back on. Then when it comes back on I have lost 20% of the battery life. I had this happen on a device I purchased a few months ago so I returned it thinking it was faulty and kept using my Samsung watch. I recently bought another Venu 2 from a different retailer and now today this problem has started happening again. I have only had this new Venu 2 for a week now. Maybe Garmin need to look into whatever updates they have done and see what they broke and fix it. 

• Factory reset seems to have solved the problem.

• After the next charge, it's now back to burning 1%/hour, even in battery saver mode. Hence, the battery is not at fault here. I'm guessing that the software has problems reading the actual battery level.

• Hola, misma situación me ha dado de manera comprobada 7días, pero aun asi de tener un 99% al dormir y despertar se pierde casi el 10% de batería.

Es necesario arreglar esto porfa garmin

• I bought a Garmin Venu 2S and have the same issue. I think its being caused by the bluetooth  phone connection. My battery only lasted 2 days after the update.

Once i switch off the Bluetooth Phone connection the drain seems to be a lot less. I think there is a bug with this update.

FYI Cellphone is an iPhone 13

• I see that you still have CIQ content installed on the watch.  Please see my comment (located in the "Top Replies" section and remove all CIQ content and re-test your battery life.