This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Battery Drain After Installing 5.33

I was hoping the 5.33 update would help, but apparently not.

No pulse ox

No non-Garmin watch faces

No always on display

It seems when I charge my watch to 90%+ there’s a good chance that the watch will drain to less than 10% overnight. Other times the watch will last nearly a week with identical settings.

It’s very frustrating that this is a known issue but it’s still happening.

• I see that you do have numerous watch faces downloaded from Connect IQ on the watch (though you may not be actively using them as the primary watch face).  Please see below:

Let’s start by power cycling (turning off and then back on) your watch.  If the battery drain persists and if you have any Connect IQ (CIQ) Content, especially watch faces, you may need to delete that content until the independent developer is able to update their app/watch face to function correctly (without causing a battery drain) with the new firmware version on your watch.  You can use any of the 3 FAQs below to uninstall the CIQ content.

How to Uninstall Connect IQ App Content Using the Connect IQ App

How to Uninstall Connect IQ Content Using Garmin Express

How to Uninstall Connect IQ Content Using the Garmin Connect App

If you would like to submit feedback to the developer of the CIQ content, you can do so by clicking the link below and searching for the download page of the CIQ content.  In the bottom right corner of that page, you will find the option to contact the developer.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/

If you have removed ALL Connect IQ content from the watch and you are still experiencing a rapid battery drain, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?

If you have not already reached out to your local Garmin support team, we highly recommend doing that as well:

Support.garmin.com

• All the watch faces that I have are made by Garmin. I don't have any third party watch faces. Restarting the watch does fix the issue, until I charge again. I believe that charging the watch using a computer seems to cause to cause the battery drain versus just charging with a power brick.

• @Garmin, I can attest to this behavior too. I have the Venu 2 since friday November 5th.
    First night was with Spo2 during night on, which took 20% off my battery -> this is fine -> I then disabled Spo2 during night.
    The rest of the 80% battery lasted another 4 days, from which 3 included a 5K walk with GPS on. -> this is fine.

Yesterday evening I charged the battery from 9% to a full 100% -> this morning I found the watch had only 25% left -> this is NOT fine and should be treated as a critical bug.

Hope this helps,
    BR

• it happened yesterday to me. From 50%  in 6 hours to 10% - (the only thing i did was changing pulseox from daily to while sleeping)

• I have the same issue with a new Venu 2.  Last night before I went to bed it was at 90% and this morning 43%.  I had power cycled the watch prior to bedtime because I had noticed the drain even before then (I had a Venu prior to this watch and noticed it seemed to be draining fast).  I only had one watch face added - it is a Garmin watch face and I have since removed it.  Nothing else was installed.  Brightness on auto, sp02 on at night only, all other settings at default.  5.33 firmware. 

You may contact me for more information if you like and you have permission to look at my settings/connect data.  I live in Canada.

Thanks!

• Try a reboot instead of just a power cycle.  Keep pressing the upper button until the watch turns itself off, then turn it back on.

• Done - will see how it goes today.  

• The reboot seems to have done the trick.  Thanks for sharing that!

• For me, I've done multiple hard reboots and nothing changes. The battery has gotten worse with the latest updates or the battery estimate calculation is way off.

I don't get severe battery drain as some in this thread, but there is definitely an increase in drain compared to when I first got my Venu 2 about 4 months ago.

• Same issue here. high Battery drain, and now to compound the issue touch screen has gone crazy. I cannot control the watch at all!  Factory Reset, Power cycle nothing solves it.

Really wanted to downgrade the SW