This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Display Turns Off/Freezes/Crashes After 4.67 SW Update

V 4.67.

I noticed such a thing. The clock turns off by itself when leaving the house in the morning. My sequential steps:
1) wake up
2) I have breakfast
3) I do the synchronization of the clock from the phone
4) take the elevator down
5) get in the car
6) the clock is off.

Seen on all firmwares, incl. and at the last 4.67. And this problem only in the morning - already 5 times this happened!
There is a suspicion of one thing that leads to the shutdown of the clock:
- Morning FORCED synchronization after sleep - occurs exactly after sleep, tk. a new day has begun and garmin connect somehow does not work out this synchronization correctly. If after sleep it is forced not to do synchronization, but just wait for the clock to automatically synchronize itself, then the clock does not turn off during the day!

There are a lot of problems here on the forum that the clock dies and does not turn back on. I think that this is the problem for everyone.

LIFE HACK HOW TO TURN ON THE WATCH BACK:
Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it, then hold it again and the clock will turn on.

• It was active before, but while it was black it did not register anything on GC. 

• Thanks! That does seem like what happened. Hopefully this is something that gets fixed. 

• Yes mine keeps crashing in the morning after the first sync of the day

Anybody from Garmin looking at this as i'm not impressed after spending so much money on something that doesn't work as it should

I've gone back to my VA4 until this is sorted out

NOT HAPPY

• Mine has crash twice.  Both times the screen was locked and I was in the pool.  I lock the screen to prevent accidental touches which happens a lot in the water so I lock the screen.  Something I can live with for now until they can fix it but no issues when I had 4.6Beta.

• Now I'm afraid to update,I think I will stay for a while on factory 3.48 firmware on my Venu 2 and wife's 2S..I only had a freeze when installed dwMap and done the first activity with it,and I also have the bug with blood oxygen activating itself every few days when I deactivate it all the time...This was happening on my Venu 2,not on my wife's 2S,hers no problem at all..both watches on 3.48 factory firmware.

• I did full reset the watch 6 times already and after the 6th attempt, its running without crash (14 hours so far). Any advise when this will be fixed please?

• My watch is also freezing regularly since updating 4.67. Please fix this! 

• I observed it systematically for two days: My watch crashed every morning since update to 4.67. Step by step the following happened: I synchronized sleep-data. Watch was after that still alive. Then I synchronized the watch several times again for testing. Everything worked fine. Then I measured my weight using Garmin's scale. The weight was synchronized by the scale to Garmin cloud. Starting then synchronization of the watch with GC resulted in a watch crash. I restarted the watch by first pressing the start button for 15 seconds, stopped pressing and then pressed it again until the blue triangle appeared. If I synchronized the watch immediately after restart it crashed at once again. If I waited some minutes after restart the watch synchronized in a normal manner again with GC.

• I observed it now systematically for two days: My watch crashed every morning since update to 4.67. Step by step the following happened: I synchronized sleep-data. Watch was after that still alive. Then I synchronized the watch several times again for testing. Everything worked fine. Then I measured my weight using Garmin's scale. The weight was synchronized by the scale to Garmin cloud. Starting then synchronization of the watch with GC resulted in a watch crash. I restarted the watch by first pressing the start button for 15 seconds, stopped pressing and then pressed it again until the blue triangle appeared. If I synchronized the watch immediately after restart it crashed at once again. If I waited some minutes after restart the watch synchronized in a normal manner again with GC.