This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Display Turns Off/Freezes/Crashes After 4.67 SW Update

V 4.67.

I noticed such a thing. The clock turns off by itself when leaving the house in the morning. My sequential steps:
1) wake up
2) I have breakfast
3) I do the synchronization of the clock from the phone
4) take the elevator down
5) get in the car
6) the clock is off.

Seen on all firmwares, incl. and at the last 4.67. And this problem only in the morning - already 5 times this happened!
There is a suspicion of one thing that leads to the shutdown of the clock:
- Morning FORCED synchronization after sleep - occurs exactly after sleep, tk. a new day has begun and garmin connect somehow does not work out this synchronization correctly. If after sleep it is forced not to do synchronization, but just wait for the clock to automatically synchronize itself, then the clock does not turn off during the day!

There are a lot of problems here on the forum that the clock dies and does not turn back on. I think that this is the problem for everyone.

LIFE HACK HOW TO TURN ON THE WATCH BACK:
Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it, then hold it again and the clock will turn on.

• My watch cannot connect to wlan any longer getting the same error code, but it doesn't crash using wlan.

• Screen went black during my bike ride. Funny thing... Music kept playing. Pressed buttons and screen stayed black. When I got home, plugged into power and held down bottom button.it restarted. But overnight sleep not recorded. And stress not recorded all day. Shows 3.48 SW version. Bad hardware or software?

• The same thing happened to me yesterday

• Hi Rklyukin,

I am glad to see someone somehow reproduce a pattern similar to mine !!

I already had 2 reboots in the course of 4 days. On both occasions they happened as followed : 

1) Full sleep night with the phone ON and the watch in Do not disturb.

2) Wake up

3) Check my phone for maybe 10 minutes.

At this stage the watch is still responsive and all my night tracking info is already in Garmin Connect. I could take some time looking at the sleep data etc.. so it means that synchro has worked.

4) Remove the watch to take a shower.

5) 10/20 min after shower is done, I put my watch on and I realize that the screen is black and I can't wake the watch. In GC, it's saying the watch is connected, but I can't see the live heart rate. So yeah, is it really connected ? I don't know.

After that the only way to get it back and running is to press the top button for 15 seconds, and then press again to start it up.

What is """""funny""""" is that the crash happened exactly in the same way on both occasions : after my morning shower the watch is dead.

I only had the watch for a few days so for me it only occured with V4.67. Can't comment on previous builds.

• I do experience a system freeze.

• I observe exactly the same problem every morning after the update to 4.67. With the former firmware there was no problem. I also observe, that, when the watch doesn't react after synchronizing sleep, the LEDs that measure physical data still continue working. 

• I have a simipar pattern

1) do health snapshot before sleep

2) sleep

3) wake up and sync clock with the phone in the morning

4) watch is off in 5-10 minutes.

• I observed that the watch crashed every morning after the firmware update after I measured my weight using garmin's scale (before measuring I synchronized sleep data). So I made the following experiment: I measured the weight for a second time 15 minutes later. After opening GC on the phone the watch had crashed again. I restarted pressing the two buttons 15 seconds and synchronized it again with GC without measuring weight and - silly! - the watch crashed again. After another start the watch worked in normal manner, no problem when synchronizing with GC. So the reason is perhaps not the synchronization of the sleep data but a "certain form of synchronization that happens normally in the morning". Because the LEDs of the watch still blinked when the watch didn't react, so perhaps it is a problem connected with the watch face, I will change my watch face to a garmin one to see if the problem will happen tomorrow again.

Do you use not Garmin watch faces?

• Mine just did it this morning for half an hour. Woke up and it was fine but went to check the time a few minutes later and nothing. Off for half an hour except for the heart rate flash when I put a finger on it. Held down the buttons for a bit and reset it. Hopefully this is just tla bug with the update. This watch is too expensive to be doing this not even 30 days in..

• @1793438 Was GC on your phone active und had contact to the watch at the time of crash?