This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Display Turns Off/Freezes/Crashes After 4.67 SW Update

V 4.67.

I noticed such a thing. The clock turns off by itself when leaving the house in the morning. My sequential steps:
1) wake up
2) I have breakfast
3) I do the synchronization of the clock from the phone
4) take the elevator down
5) get in the car
6) the clock is off.

Seen on all firmwares, incl. and at the last 4.67. And this problem only in the morning - already 5 times this happened!
There is a suspicion of one thing that leads to the shutdown of the clock:
- Morning FORCED synchronization after sleep - occurs exactly after sleep, tk. a new day has begun and garmin connect somehow does not work out this synchronization correctly. If after sleep it is forced not to do synchronization, but just wait for the clock to automatically synchronize itself, then the clock does not turn off during the day!

There are a lot of problems here on the forum that the clock dies and does not turn back on. I think that this is the problem for everyone.

LIFE HACK HOW TO TURN ON THE WATCH BACK:
Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it, then hold it again and the clock will turn on.

• Did it, worked for a week without any problems but today in the morning it happened again. Also noticed while the watch was „offline“ for 2-3 hours there was a battery drain of 20% Disappointed really upsetting 

BR

Alina

• Same for me, flawless for a week. This morning it crashed again.

• No change at all. It happens again every 3 or 4 days, as before. I have two questions: First, how can we know that we have really installed the fix? Because, the version number remains the same as before. I propose that you change the version number (say 4.67a) just for us to know that we have really something installed. Second, may be it's good idea not to use Garmin connect  at all, but only Garmin express with PC, until you really fix the bug. 

• Another idea from my side, what watch faces do you use? Standard pre-installed or something from the connectIQ ? Somehow I have feeling with the standard it is more stable…

• Sorry.. I am an Italian customer. I had to subscribe to this forum because it is the only valid source of assistance. In this forum in addition to the category of "customers" also participates the help desk of garmin?

Thanks 

Ps im asking cause ive the same problem (and this is not the only with 4.67)

• Oddly enough, I have followed the same path as you.  I returned the first Venu2 I had because of this problem, as when I chatted with Tech Support, they wanted me to send the watch to them.  The watch was about a week old, and I opted instead to return it to the store, and "make do" with my Galaxy Watch 3.  I later discovered this forum, and have re-purchased the Venu 2, and following the advice in these forums, my "new" Venu 2 hasn't had the shutdown problem yet (Knock on wood).  However for the last several nights, I have noticed a number of gaps in the graph, some for only a few minutes, others for longer.  I wonder if this is a separate issue, or is tied into the "shutdown" issue?

• Still happening here too, this morning I did the fix - which is now no longer a fix - at least for me. No evidence here that the watch face is involved.

• The absence of communication or acknowledgment from Garmin regarding a fix for the Venu 2 crashing issues is unacceptable and disrespectful to the entire community. Garmin, have some respect & boost your PR by keeping us informed as to your progress with regard to the current situation instead of just leaving us hanging here like dummies!!!