This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Display Turns Off/Freezes/Crashes After 4.67 SW Update

V 4.67.

I noticed such a thing. The clock turns off by itself when leaving the house in the morning. My sequential steps:
1) wake up
2) I have breakfast
3) I do the synchronization of the clock from the phone
4) take the elevator down
5) get in the car
6) the clock is off.

Seen on all firmwares, incl. and at the last 4.67. And this problem only in the morning - already 5 times this happened!
There is a suspicion of one thing that leads to the shutdown of the clock:
- Morning FORCED synchronization after sleep - occurs exactly after sleep, tk. a new day has begun and garmin connect somehow does not work out this synchronization correctly. If after sleep it is forced not to do synchronization, but just wait for the clock to automatically synchronize itself, then the clock does not turn off during the day!

There are a lot of problems here on the forum that the clock dies and does not turn back on. I think that this is the problem for everyone.

LIFE HACK HOW TO TURN ON THE WATCH BACK:
Hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release it, then hold it again and the clock will turn on.

• I am wondering if this could be related to what face you are using. I have had no issues with 4.67. Including using AOD all the time, Pulse OX at night and have done a GPS exercise and a weight session since installing it.

• Today I used a Garmin watch face and the crash described in my message still happened. Do you use the Garmin scale?

• Bummer. Disappointed No Garmin scale, no.

• That's in my opinion the point: When the crash happened GC downloaded my weight from Garmin cloud ( that the scale uploaded) parallel to synchronizing the watch. And this constellation seems to result in the crash of the watch.

• That's in my opinion the point: When the crash happened GC downloaded my weight from Garmin cloud ( that the scale uploaded) parallel to synchronizing the watch. And this constellation seems to result in the crash of the watch.

• You may be on to something, before I returned the Venu 2 I had, I had updated to the beta, and had been weighing myself every morning with the Garmin scale.  After the firmware update, that's when it started freezing.  I never thought of trying it without weighing myself.  Hmmmmm

• Device Crashes

Device crashes typically cause the device to reboot or freeze. These indicate a Connect IQ or device firmware bug, and should be much less common than app crashes. When a device crash occurs, an ERR_LOG.txt file is written to /GARMIN on the device, containing stack trace information related to the crash. Please provide this file when reporting a crash on our developer forum. Garmin’s device teams can take a look at the device crash logs to determine the cause of the crash and will typically provide a fix in a future firmware release.

A Note About Log Files

When any log file on a device exceeds 5kb in size, it will automatically be archived to <LOGNAME>.BAK, and a new log will be started. Any old .BAK files will be overwritten when the archive occurs, so the max space a log can reach is around 10kb.

Monkey C (garmin.com)

• I understood the reason and the clock does not die anymore!

I deleted all WiFi hotspots on the watch and there are no more problems in the morning - the clock does not die after morning sync!

The flight has been excellent for 3 days!

@ remains now to wait for the garmin to fix this problem in order to reconnect the watch to WiFi.

• I have the exact problem as well, in the morning, after waking up the clock responses (even the alarm clock is fine), then some minutes after, only black screen. Gonna try 's fix, thanks for the tip!

Edit:

Some technical details about my device

- Firmware version V4.67

- Have (had) 2 wifi added to my device

- Wifi sync turned off

- Syncing my watch with my phone

- Before V4.67 this problem is never occured

• Yes, my watch crashed this morning after first sync with my phone. Also, battery life dropped extensively after update.