FEATURE REQUEST: "Resume Later"

Hi Garmin team!

Can you please implement the "Resume Later" functionality in the VENU 2.

It is currently not possible to pause an activity for a longer break, very liklely to happen during hikes or full day bike trips.

This feature is currently only available on Garmin's higher end watches, but I doubt that pro athletes will stop for a one hour lunch break and enjoy the view during their triathlon training.... but the more casual VENU 2 user might ;)

Would be great to get some feedback form Garmin folks here please.

Thanks!

• In the initial post BikerWithAVenu2 wrote:

"It is currently not possible to pause an activity for a longer break, very liklely to happen during hikes or full day bike trips."

That's exactly what I posted above - old/cheap Amazfit GTR has this "feature" (in my opinion it is basic functionality but let's call it a feature) - you can pause an activity and resume it later no matter how long (hours) you keep it paused.

"Pause & DO NOT autosave after xx minutes" is a simply form of "Resume later"

• Yes, please add "resume later", very useful during a SUP session to take a swim and then continue my journey. (Garmin Venu 2 plus)

• I would like it too, it was on my forerunner 645. I use it when I walk to my work in the morning and back in the evening so it's shown in 1 activity instead of 2 in for example Strava

• The previous discussion on this important issue has been going on for over 2 years. Why has Garmin not allowed Venu 2 users to do "resume later" of an activity? Based on the previous discussion, it is greatly wanted and needed and lesser garmin models have it.

• Just bought a Venus 2. Can’t believe it doesn’t have this function Face palm tone2‍ 

• I know this is an old post and can't think Garmin will add this feature (I have added my with anyway), but it would make perfect sense on such a watch as the Venu sq/2. As a casual user, I often record a walk that involves lunch etc and therefore would like to manually pause the activity. I have used auto-pause on a previous Garmin and it didn't work so well when I went inside; it was constantly searching for a satellite and making a crazy collection of lines on the map. I think it works better when stopped outside perhaps. Manual pause just seems like a sensible solution on this watch.

• The segmentation of features is so weird. The Forerunner 165 has resume later and options for the pause + auto save timeout, but the Venu 2 and 3 don't. And it's not like those are budget models. It's actually disappointing to not have these features when other watches do. Imo these should be standard features across all the models.