FEATURE REQUEST: "Resume Later"

Hi Garmin team!

Can you please implement the "Resume Later" functionality in the VENU 2.

It is currently not possible to pause an activity for a longer break, very liklely to happen during hikes or full day bike trips.

This feature is currently only available on Garmin's higher end watches, but I doubt that pro athletes will stop for a one hour lunch break and enjoy the view during their triathlon training.... but the more casual VENU 2 user might ;)

Would be great to get some feedback form Garmin folks here please.

Thanks!

• Been asking for it for a while too as now there is even hiking. Who does a hiking trip without stoping and not taking a break for more than 15 minutes?

But nothing.

In fact updates are a huge disappointment. For such an expensive and newly released device with a lot of bugs like sleep not syncing, scrolling stuttering, very long fade in of time when turning the wrist... Only one bigger update after a few months. This is its of the question a mess and really bad service. I have gone back to the Fenix 6S pro which is quite old and gets regular updates and was almost the same price on sale. 

Garmin shame on you!!!!! 

• What's the advantage of a "resume later" function after an hour break for lunch? Seems a second activity is just as useful -- it's more accurate! Smirk

• I disagree.

It would make more sense to have the whole activity (bike, hike, whatever) in one tracking, especially for the GPS route. and as Garmin is supporting this other modells, I suppose that they also see this as a valuable option... 

the 1 hour lunchbreak was obviously an example, could be any break that's a bit longer. 

why would it be more accurate anyways...?

• This feature is currently only available on Garmin's higher end watches, but I doubt that pro athletes will stop for a one hour lunch break and enjoy the view during their triathlon training.... but the more casual VENU 2 user might

You answered your question in your own statement.  No, a professional athlete is not taking an hour lunch and then enjoying the scenery and smelling the roses. The resume later function found on higher end watches is for ultra's, cycling or hiking events that may span a couple of days, not a lunch break.  You said "the more casual Venu 2 user", and you hit the nail on the head.  The more casual user is the target demographic for the Venu 2.  The average Venu 2 user isn't participating in a 3 day mountainous trek, or even an all day hike.  And before you say they do, I understand that man bites dog, but it's rarely the case.  That being said, it won't hurt to make a request here:

www.garmin.com/.../

• The "a" button does pause a workout, doesn't it? Not quite the same as "resume later" I guess. Also as I recall this implementation is the same as I had on my Samsung Active 2 which seems to be a direct competitor for the "casual user".

• The top (A) button does pause the activity but only for a short time (10 - 15 minutes), at which time you must respond to keep it paused. Otherwise it will automatically end and save.  

• What I mean by being more accurate is when broken up by an hour stop for lunch, it's two activities, not one. Matter of preference, I know.

• when broken up by an hour stop for lunch, it's two activities, not one. Matter of preference, I know.

Yes that is how I have viewed it as well. When I stop for lunch during a hike I stop the watch. Then start a new session. This works fine for me. This is what I did with my Samsung watch as well.

• The top (A) button does pause the activity but only for a short time

If there's no manual pause, I'm going to assume there's no auto pause function on the Venu 2 also?  If this is the case, the manual and/or auto pause function is what should be requested using the link I posted.  As I mentioned earlier, resume later is a function used differently than pausing for lunch, restroom breaks, sight seeing, photos, etc.