This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Raise to wake but without the fade in?

The raise to wake feature works well. What makes it seem like it takes an excessive amount of time is the fade in.

Is it possible to add a choice so it can either fade in/out or just do on/off?

• I noticed this as well and would also love the option for instant on instead of fading on

• can create a user request for us but I have not really seen to many of these requests get implemented Disappointed

• Hey there! Thank you for your feed back, I can send this to my team but there are no guarantees changes will be implemented.

• Please do so. It is so annoying.  a fast watch with slow fade in of time and stuttering through the whole system. thx. 

• I'm a bit surprised by the official pessimistic response from Garmin on this. The development work required for this feature is trivial (a menu option and an if block) but it has a significant usability improvement for users. I am seeing a common theme across many threads and prominent reviewers and it appears that Garmin neglects their lower end watches, and only provides maintenance updates rather than new/ported features from their other watch lines. It is a shame as I have a 4 year old WearOS watch that continues to receive WearOS feature updates despite its age.

I have just made the plunge into the Garmin ecosystem and received my Venu 2 yesterday. But now I'm on the fence and I'm leaning towards returning it.

• The "fade-in" time is much too slow in my opinion.  For fast paced activities (i.e. running, cycling, HIIT), the fade-in time seems like an eternity. The fade in time is fine if you're sitting on the couch doing nothing. 

• I realized on my Venu 2 that the fade-in effect only happens indoors. When I'm outside it comes on instantly, so it's somehow connected to the ambient light sensor. I hoped turning the brightness all the way up would fix this, but it doesn't. Wish it was always instant, seems like it takes 3 times as long to see what time it is when I'm indoors.

• I just got the Venu 2S and this is easily the thing that jumped out to me the most. It's so pointlessly frustrating on an otherwise great watch. It's already been the tipping point for some of my friends to choose Apple watches instead.

• Agreed, I moved from F5X+ to Venu 2 due to the screen and new features and this slow fade-in is horrible.

There is a watch face that immediately shows the hour and then it fades in the rest of the details... so it is possible and extremely simple to do it

• There is a watch face that immediately shows the hour and then it fades in the rest of the details.

Hi, which face is this?