This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 reboots during activity

Hi,

I have been completing my first non-benchmark run on Garmin coach 10k programme.

My device (Venu 2) has restarted itself several times in the last 30 second of the cool-down (each time coming back to 30 seconds left). After the third restart, I have finished the activity manually at about 5 seconds left to avoid one more restart. I had started a regular run after finishing the previous activity immediately since I had 1.5 km to home.

This is my first Garmin device (a gift) which I really like, but I am worried that there is an issue with it and I don't have the receipt because it was a gift. The latest firmware is installed (Software is up to date — Version 3.24.0.0)

Thank you in advance, Daniyar

• I’ve emailed the Dutch department yesterday and they told me this:

This issue is currently under review by the technical service and will indeed be included with an update.

• I, too, am doing the 10k training plan. I am using Coach Amy for my plan, and the restart issue has started to happen more frequently. It happened once toward the beginning of the plan, and then I went several weeks without the issue. Now, at week 7, I have experienced the issue 3 times in the last three weeks. Oddly, it has only ever occurred when I am finishing my workout in the same geographic area. 

• I have also this issue, @josinapragt to who did you send an email?

As I live in the Netherlands I can them also send an email because it is now getting annoying thise restarts of the watch.

• For others with this issue, do you find that the HR data from the workout is absent from your daily summary? That has been the case for me. 

• No that is not the case for me, the HR data is still there.

• Yeah, same here. HR data is still present, but it is very annoying, because you cannot resume the run manually and continue for an extra few hundred meters. I do this to finish close to my flat, but when the reboot occurs I have to start a new run.

• It has happened to me today too. I tried to complete the cool down but got restart and the activity got resumed after the restart at 0:34. Tried to complete it 5 times, then gave up. I've got a Garmin Coach 5K training plan with Jeff Galloway.

Venu 2 with Version 3.48.0.0

• Same for me, but the support desk isn't very helpfull either.

Answers of mails takes ages and then when I get an answer it basicly is more questions like can you film what is happening on your watch.

• Same problem here, the watch reboots a lot of times during the workouts.

We need a fix very soon, is a very anoying bug .

• Exact same issue - super annoying.  Keeps rebooting at the end of an activity.  Any acknowledgement from Garmin?